I'm a little scared

Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. I was scared each of my three years of marching. Then, I joined the Marines. You're a little scared?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone. There are other members of your corps and of other corps who will be struggling. That's all part of it and you will look back and laugh at / cherish it.

If "all-days" are tough at the start, don't worry. It will all eventually "click" and you will kick a**!

Edited by Mark Time

Just remember when you're out on the field, in the sun, sweating and hurting, and ready to quit that there are thousands of us sitting at home thinking fondly of those times, and wishing were young enough to be out there hurting with you.

*sigh*

Truer words were never spoken....

:(

At least you have the GUTS to admit you're intimidated by it all. I know I was my first year out at 16. I didn't have a clue. But as many on here have posted, you do figure it out, and when you do...wham...the rest is just sweat rolling off your back...and your chest ...and well you get the point.

Have a great summer!

Its a mental game. Just figure it out.

"You're only tired if you think you're tired." Andy Tye.

It's true. Like others have said, you start feeling sluggish, start hyping, running. It's called second wind for a reason. :)

You’ll be ok. Marching related deaths have been on the decline since 1982. Good Luck.

haha, thats a good one.

i was overweight and terribly out of shape my first year of corps and i also was not the most enduring person at camps. after my first day of all days, i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to do this stuff anymore....i even said that to my mom on the phone haha. but yeah the most important thing is to just keep going no matter what. youre in for thebest summe ever and once you get the hang of it you will be having the time of your life.

You will have the time of your life and it will make you a better person. Have fun and take in the memories.

What's tough about all-days is that even though you work just as hard then as you would during the rest of the summer, there isn't an immediate payoff. When is your first show? THAT'S when all your hard work really will begin to pay off. That's when you'll realize "Oh yeah, THIS is why I'm putting myself through this!" And all the hard work you do now will definately have been worth it. Just keep on keeping on and good luck!