College

School of hard knocks -

Someone had to say it!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, my dad marched for the Tigers wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back.

Hey Patrick. are you marching this year?? :ph34r::ph34r:

"College Marching"

Went to "Shiz College", the Emerald City. They had no "Marching Music" program.

Elphaba

I could have sworn I saw you conducting the " Yo He Ho" Flying Monkee Chorale at the Castle Annex outside the Emerald City.

Jim Ormiston, PCP :ph34r:

They didn't have a marching band at University of Wisconsin Parkside, so I marched in the Boys of 76 when I was in college.

Sounds like my old plan JC. When I was a junior in High School I knew I would be starting at the local Community College. Then it was "Oh #### all those years paying for lessons shot in the butt" :ph34r: : Wanted to keep playing and luckily I discoverd DC about this time and I was able to keep using my horn lessons for another couple of years....

And with a few breaks, I'm still using my horn lessons 32 years after HS graduation. :ph34r:

Syracuse University Marching Band (SUMB)

The Pride Of the Orange.

I could have sworn I saw you conducting the " Yo He Ho" Flying Monkee Chorale at the Castle Annex outside the Emerald City.

Jim Ormiston, PCP :ph34r:

HAHA ... good one Jim ... I skipped the HS and college route (of playing) and went right to the BIGS (NY Skyliners) out of the Bpt. PAL Cadets ... that's just the way it was in Northeast drum corps in the 60's ... ask anyone from the Hurcs, Sky, Reading, Hawthorne, Sun, etc. from that era ....

Andy "and i never looked back" Lisko

HAHA ... good one Jim ... I skipped the HS and college route (of playing) and went right to the BIGS (NY Skyliners) out of the Bpt. PAL Cadets ... that's just the way it was in Northeast drum corps in the 60's ... ask anyone from the Hurcs, Sky, Reading, Hawthorne, Sun, etc. from that era ....

Andy "and i never looked back" Lisko

Andy;

I can't speak for Bassick,or Harding, but at Central, Mr. Marsuiili didn't want Drum Corps people in his band. A nice guy until he found out you marced M&M. In 1960, I started out in the PAL Marching Band just so I could play 1st alto sax in their 22 piece Dance Band. After 1 year I couldn't stand the marching band and left for the Scarlet Knights. I too "Never Looked Back" .

Jim, PCP

University of Pittsburgh Marching Band (Percussion Section Leader for several years) and also GBV during the 80s. Between the two of them I destroyed my back. :ph34r:

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77