New Uniform Pics and Discussion

I would also like to see a gold cummerbund or sash with this!

(about Troop)

Those uniforms are incomplete. I talked to a friend who is on staff right now, and the details like cords, etc... have not arrived yet.

Edited by CapRegBari

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is the plan...they just did not have it there for the premiere. They do look like they need a little fit work; but surely they will take care of that before they leave for tour.

They did have a couple of satellite camps in Knoxville; and probably drew a couple of members from there. There has been a history of Tennessee Troopers in the past...I was one of them. I also believe the average age in the corps is nudging 19 (according to someone I have talked to from there); and they were aggressively recruiting nationwide...so much so that they may rewrite the book on recruitment tactics!

Thanks for the insights! I am really looking forward to seeing the Troopers this year. Even if only in a standstill - I'd like to hear'em break out Ghost Riders In The Sky! (It's weird spelling Riders instead of Ryders in a drum corps context.)

Is it just me, or do the Bluecoats' new uniform appear to have an "M" on the top when viewed from a distance? In the pictures that someone posted from the dress rehearsal, they looked like they could have been Magic with that big "M" on their chests. They still look ok though -- and maybe they can sell them to Magic when they're finished with them.

I've never seen any marching band with that kind of uniform. Say what you want, but this is NOT a generic looking uniform. The gradient of color, the accents, the asymmetrical front...it's unique.

And like it or not, this is the new visual identity of Spirit. Some may not see it as honoring Spirit's previous visual identity, but as it has been made very clear by now, there has been tremendous thought going into the design of these uniforms and effort made into specifically honoring everything that has come to symbolize Spirit through the years...the baby blue, the delta, the music staff. It's ok to honor the past without being grounded by it. Spirit and Colts and Bluecoats all seem to be progressing forward without losing sense of where they've been and where they came from.

Oops , you mean to add "In your opinion? This does nothing to push them forward or make them more "mature" it just turns them into another corps altogether. And it indeed looks like a generic band uniform or a new identity-free corps taking the field in its first year. Too bad too much thought wasnt put in other things and leaving the uniform alone.

~G~

This does nothing to push them forward or make them more "mature" it just turns them into another corps altogether.

Oops , you mean to add "In your opinion?

And it indeed looks like a generic band uniform or a new identity-free corps taking the field in its first year.

Oops , you mean to add "In your opinion?

Too bad too much thought wasnt put in other things and leaving the uniform alone.

Too bad you're not in charge of these corps, then everyone will agree with every decision you make and nobody will ever question your infinite wisdom.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:)

Am I the only one who finds Crown's new uni a bit... shall we say... "phallic"? :doh:

Alex and the gang think you're not the only one.

kubrick_orange1.jpg

Alex and the gang think you're not the only one.

kubrick_orange1.jpg

When the "codpiece" discussion first started (someone posted a picture of Gene Simmons of Kiss), I tried to find a picture of the lead singer of Cameo (remember "Word Up"?) to post on here, but couldn't locate one of him in that bright red jock-strap. Somebody help me out and post one!

They were posted on the public Forums on the Troopers website. I asked permission to post them, and was told to go ahead, as they are now available to the public.

Thanks for your concern, though. :)

That's fine. Just originally they were going to wait to have anything posted. :)

Oops , you mean to add "In your opinion? This does nothing to push them forward or make them more "mature" it just turns them into another corps altogether. And it indeed looks like a generic band uniform or a new identity-free corps taking the field in its first year. Too bad too much thought wasnt put in other things and leaving the uniform alone.

~G~

It is that same thinking that has hels spirit back for years. They have to honor their past..they have to play Georgia..they must have the delta on the unifrom.

Frankly, as a Spirit Alum, I could give a crap. I just want them to do well on and off the field.

I think it is refreshing that the corps is going in a non-traditional direction..lets face it:

The old delta/baby blue look was getting tired.

Southern Jazz has been played out.

They are no longer the only corps from the south.

The corps has not been from Atlanta for 7 years now. (hell..it really wasn't from Atlanta when I marched 15 years ago..)

A corps that gets to wrapped up in its legacy will hurt for it in the long run. Honor your past..but understand, the past is in the past!!!