New Uniform Pics and Discussion

So, Madison has good pitching this year? Cool!

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely hideous ... The uniform looks like a Christmas Tree Ornament that Martha Stewart made and then decided not to show anybody.

Someone earlier mentioned how having gauntlets in the same color as the uniform jacket is a waste of fabric and I have to disagree. From a seamstressing standpoint, at least.. these jackets usually come with unfinished sleeve bottoms. That means, instead of a hem, there's typically just an edge of fabric that's been zig-zagged to keep it from fraying. Ideally, that's to accommodate many different arm lengths in the kids who will wear them for the years they use that uniform. It makes the jacket more flexible (meaning, if you're a 42 L and they only have a 42 R left for you, the gauntlets can serve to "finish" the arm length without having to order a whole new jacket). So it doesn't matter what color the gauntlets are -- plus they create a shape, not just provide a color punch. Having the jackets to gauntlets transition be monochromatic gives continuity of line and makes the wearer look bigger.
Hey Steph, that was me that made the comment. I understand what you're saying about the extra material so I'll take that one back. However, I'm still not sold on the matching color. I think the latest Colts pic backs me up on that one. The further back you look into the pic, that harder it is to tell the gauntlets from the sleeve. From a distace, if it weren't for the buttons, and if we didn't already know they were wearing them, I don't think you'de be able to tell the difference at all. Maybe it's the size (width?) of them that I'm not agreeing with, though.

I still like the look of the uniform, though. Nice clean and bright look to it.

Edited by skajerk

I like the new Colts uniform! (although I really liked the last ones as well.)

I admit the the red shakos may take some getting use to, but I still like them.

Are they going to put plums on the shakos?

I like the new Colts uniform! (although I really liked the last ones as well.)

I admit the the red shakos may take some getting use to, but I still like them.

Are they going to put plums on the shakos?

I think pineapples might show up better then plums. Or maybe a bunch of grapes. B)

Thanks for clearing that up, Gary. I was about to post about it before you got here. If I can remember what I saw correctly, they have basically taken the black/red uni they had and have added some white piping along with a stripe down the legs of the pants for more visual pop this year. Its a subtle but nice addition to an already good uniform.

A stripe on the pants?? I hope it's red, or maybe black sequins or something to go along with their current look and not WHITE, which I think would be a disaster for them. But good for them for actually having the guts to ADD a stripe to their pants. :)

It's like someone forgot just how awful some of the Houston Astro's previous uniforms have been.

Those Huston uni's will cost you big bucks on E-bay!

02521898.jpg

OUTSTANDING!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

GO SCOUTS, vitage and retro!!!!!!!!

Way to show that the midwest can think out-of-the box, all the WALMART shoppers on DCP will never learn......

This photo is a great way to show possible inspiration and or relitave design choise.

Edited by Cop