New Uniform Pics and Discussion

I would also like to see a gold cummerbund or sash with this!

The people in the pictures look a little more mature than what I thought would make up the corps this year (after having been inactive last year). Makes me want to believe they are truly capable of a higher placement (semi's???).

How many of the corps members are from Tennessee (followed some of the staff to Troopers)?

I believe that is the plan...they just did not have it there for the premiere. They do look like they need a little fit work; but surely they will take care of that before they leave for tour.

They did have a couple of satellite camps in Knoxville; and probably drew a couple of members from there. There has been a history of Tennessee Troopers in the past...I was one of them. I also believe the average age in the corps is nudging 19 (according to someone I have talked to from there); and they were aggressively recruiting nationwide...so much so that they may rewrite the book on recruitment tactics!

Edited by prodigal bari

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to see a gold cummerbund or sash with this!

The people in the pictures look a little more mature than what I thought would make up the corps this year (after having been inactive last year). Makes me want to believe they are truly capable of a higher placement (semi's???).

How many of the corps members are from Tennessee (followed some of the staff to Troopers)?

I have great faith, based on what I am hearing and reading, that semis is a more than attainable goal. This is a corps not to be taken lightly!

And I don't know about Tennessee, but you might want to think a couple of states north for part of your answer. :doh:

No, that is not the new Crossmen uniform.

That was photoshopped by a member of their visual staff for fun during the spring. :)

They are getting a brand new uniform design next season, and this year they have made a few minor alterations to what they already have.

Hahahah ... I feel really stupid now. But wow, kudos to them .. thats really good photoshopping!

(colts) I am still debating weather I like it or not. Of course I like the old triangle with a staff going through it, its what I grew up with. The Colts have adopted the nickname redteam. This uniform is clearly defining there identity. I think of it as a change altogether, and maybe people will start to take the corps a little more seriously.

I like the troopers uni, but i am not digging the baggy pants.

Edited by dcf06

Actually, if one were to sit and think a bit about the design of the new uniform the history represented would be clear.

The Delta, an always recognizeable symbol of "Spirit" wether it be of Atlanta, of Georgia, or from JSU. The delta is very present on the right shoulder of the jacket. The Delta isn't going anywhere.

The "stripes" on the right side of the jacket. What is Spirit known for? Music. The Sprit hornlines of the 80's are some of the most talked about ensembles in our activity. Note that there are 5 stripes on the side of the jacket. Indicative of, but not a direct representation of, a music staff. Yet another nod to the history of the corps.

The fade from BABY BLUE to white seems obvious to me. Transition to a new era for Spirit. The corps is learning a new identity while NEVER forgetting the past.

The "S" on the front of the jacket. Again indicative of a new direction for the group.

All in all I would think that any fans of Spirit past would be very excited about the changes to the uniform. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the look once they see it on the field and in context with the show. I hope everyone has a wonderful Summer!!!

Here is a better pic of the Spirit uniform which shows off, very clearly, the DELTA.....

2005304365121527742_rs.jpg

Here is a better pic of the Spirit uniform which shows off, very clearly, the DELTA.....

2005304365121527742_rs.jpg

For some reason, I like this view of their uniforms better.

I have a feeling that I'll like them by the end of the summer.

Ladies and Gentlemen . . . The TROOPERS!

2007_IMGP4610_web.jpg2007_IMGP4501_web.jpg

2007_Snarecrop.jpg

Well, it's not as big a change as I thought it would be, but I still like the old uni's better. I hope the Troopers have a great year and can FINALLY come back to the top 12.

OK...my take...

Colts...Love the look! Bright and clean; and the red gradients are attractive! Would love to see a red plume on this uniform; would top it off nicely! Probably the best change of the corps so far.

Spirit...I know there is debate on the lack of the delta; but it is a sleek look. I would like to know how they got the white to blue fade on there! I also saw the S in the black break on the right side of the front. The percussion need to paint their hardware, though. It is breaking up the look of the front.

Bloooo...Bold and aggressive! My second choice for uniform changes. And it does have that link to the past (the helmet) that ID's them. (Is it a trend I am sensing with the primary gradients and fades I have seen in these uniforms?)

Cadets...No change is good change here. I love the West Point look that is (now) all their own in the D1 ranks. Classy...and thank you for not being scared of white pants.

Troopers...Thank you also for not altering your style. (And also thank you for coming back to us!!!) Love the black gauntlets; and keeping with the traditional look. Am looking for the final addition to the uniform that is promised...probably the cummberbund to break up the blue.

Madison...Sorry guys. I am a BIG Madison fan; but I would have rather seen you keep your uni's from last year than go Rainbow Coalition with the top. This is such a tradition-based corps (and look no further than your bros in Chicago for keeping their traditional look and winning...) that I cannot understand this funk they are in with the recent uniforms. I would have liked to see a return to a mildly-updated style from the 90's...it was just so Madison. This is not, IMHO.

Crossmen...Thank God that the fake pic out there is NOT a new uniform for them. That...is...all...I...have...to...say...about..that. :)

Crown...I was not a huge fan of their last uniform, so this to me is an improvement. I wished they could keep the purple, though. That was unique to them; as well as the creme. I'll have to see it on the field for a further judgement.

Glassmen...Again, sorry to say this. I do not care for this look at all. They look like you literally do not have jackets on; and that string of pearls hanging down in the black just looks gaudy. This is where a uniform designer ought to refund your money; I am afraid you got hung with a bad design here.

One comment on some of the design trends....The corps have to keep a handle on some of these designs. I know the uniform companies use the corps to show off design trends (and give deals for this service...which is OK by me..). But you MUST keep a handle on them. DC depends a lot on that link to tradition; and a lot of the changes in structure is demanded by the athletic drills of today. However, if you go too far astray the corps starts to look like a cairature of itself. Or worse...

Edited by prodigal bari