New Uniform Pics and Discussion

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen . . . The TROOPERS!

2007_IMGP4610_web.jpg2007_IMGP4501_web.jpg

2007_Snarecrop.jpg

I'm not big on the red shako. I know it's different and unique and all that, but...no

I bet if you asked anyone in the corps what the different shades of green were called they could recite them by memory.

:doh: Hoping i wont be flamed for making that joke.

The Troopers just posted the uniform pics on their website (troopersdrumcorps.org) in their image gallery...it is missing two elements it 'has not had since 1999'; which I assume are the belt and buckle (YES!!). It will need those to break up the dark blue, so I am interested to see the full thing with that element.

I won't post them since I do not have the security clearance... :P I suspect Pat probably will shortly.

The Troopers just posted the uniform pics on their website (troopersdrumcorps.org) in their image gallery...it is missing two elements it 'has not had since 1999'; which I assume are the belt and buckle (YES!!). It will need those to break up the dark blue, so I am interested to see the full thing with that element.

I won't post them since I do not have the security clearance... :P I suspect Pat probably will shortly.

The pictures are up on one of the other uniform threads.

The more I look at it, the more the new Spirit unform irks me ! Does anyone even recall their history ?? Does Spirit history have anything to do with JSU anymore ??

Actually, if one were to sit and think a bit about the design of the new uniform the history represented would be clear.

The Delta, an always recognizeable symbol of "Spirit" wether it be of Atlanta, of Georgia, or from JSU. The delta is very present on the right shoulder of the jacket. The Delta isn't going anywhere.

The "stripes" on the right side of the jacket. What is Spirit known for? Music. The Sprit hornlines of the 80's are some of the most talked about ensembles in our activity. Note that there are 5 stripes on the side of the jacket. Indicative of, but not a direct representation of, a music staff. Yet another nod to the history of the corps.

The fade from BABY BLUE to white seems obvious to me. Transition to a new era for Spirit. The corps is learning a new identity while NEVER forgetting the past.

The "S" on the front of the jacket. Again indicative of a new direction for the group.

All in all I would think that any fans of Spirit past would be very excited about the changes to the uniform. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the look once they see it on the field and in context with the show. I hope everyone has a wonderful Summer!!!

Digging the black gauntlets b**bs B)

Really think the drumline should roll with black carriers though (just like Spirit)

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Yeah, I agree. There needs to be a belt or cummerbund/sash to break up the uniform. That or go back to the lighter pants.

Whatever they decide, I don't care. It looks like America's corps is back and ready for business which is great news!

Edited by skajerk