DCP-I 8 Season Discussion!

Well, Imperial Sound is into their second part of all-days today. We just finished our fabulous loaded baked potato bar. Yum!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was just over on the DCP-I site & couldnt find the scores for the Orlando show? There are only 2 pages of scores now, so I assume some cleaning had been done, but only scores from the 15th & 18th are posted....

The Scores for the Orlando show are on the first page. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see something that says MORE: Then there will be a link to the scores from the 16th. Just click on which you want to view.

After a long day of practice, Imperial Sound is turning in for light's out. The corps looks good, we were unsure about changing this one section of the show, and it could be a big factor in turning out General Effect Music points. In turn, it would also effect the Ensemble Music score as well, but we have the opposite effect set up in the Imperial Sound "B" Corps show, and we will weigh on which way the judges like more.

This could determine our standing in a very possitive way, if the judges understand it, but if not, the "B" Corps will simply score lower, the way we're looking at it.

It took us 2 days to figure this out.

Um, hey guys.

So I'm the director for the Norwich Lancers.

I am puzzled about what is going on.

I mean, I understand scoring and the ranks, but...

is each corps posting their own stuff, like creating their own music and everything?

I am just confused on what people are creating and what is really going on in DCI.

If this type of discussion belongs in a different forum, please post so I can comprehend.

Thank you for your time, and keep it real.

That's what makes it a fantasy corps. Each of us are fantasy directors of said corps and design a show we'd like to see on the field. We even go as far as having websites, uniforms, tour schedules (including listing downtime), etc. It's like running a real corps without all the headaches.

And really that can be more fun then just plotting captions and waiting for scores to come in. B)

Yeah, I agree. That's what made me join to begin with, but we're starting to learn and take interest into the caption game, as well. :P

Just thought I'd chime in. Imperial Sound did VERY well tonight. The judges are slow as usual around here, so retreat was canceled and the kids will know the results by tommorow.

Depending on the judges, we expect to range in the high 70s! Very exciting. We've never been this driven before. We had to double-check our approximation tonight, with the corps statistition. He ranked us as between 75-77 right now, depending on GE Music, Visual Performance, Visual Guard, and Music Brass, which are all untested and can go in a number of probable ways.

Trying not to get too impatient with today's scores, seeing as I'm 6 hours ahead of everybody else at the moment :P

I haven't been able to follow the season much so far, but I'm pretty pleased with how all of my corps appear to be doing. I'm enjoying Italy, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to running my corps.

Star of Hawaii is having issues now with the Percussion. We are going to have to re-work the snare line all together at this point. Our real life brothers from Wisconsin are struggling a bit. B)

Well I am off to vacation next week and I don't expect my 3 corps to perform so well while I am gone but when I get back there will be some tail to kick.

Oakland Skylarks - 70.750

Well the first show is under our belt and we can't be disappointed by it all. We did get to meet up with corps with 2-3 judges tapes to work with already. I could tell how nervous the kids were, especially in the percussion. Even a brass man like me saw ticing all over the place. The performance on the field was very teppid also. With over half the corps being rookies their newness to a drum corps competition was apparent. This isn't competitive marching band kids. This is a whole different game.

We will be spending the majority of the day cleaning up the musical parts of the show that were horrible. We will do some some rehearsing of the marching, but only for a couple hours.

Tonight we will be in Rome, NY. See you all on the field.

Edited by sburstall