DCP-I 8 Season Discussion!

Just a reminder ... and for those that are just joining (or rejoining) us in DCPI Season 8.

This is what you're playing for ..... The DCPI Cup

DCPI%20Cup.jpg

I will be awarding a DCPI Cup to the winners of DCPI Division I, Division II, and Division III at the end of the season. REAL hardware to go along with the title of DCPI 8 Champion.

Perhaps Matt, Gary, and Mitch - winners of the DCPI Cup in Season 7, could offer their thoughts on winning the Cup .... and maybe post a photo of themselves with the Cup. (hint, hint)

Good Luck!

-john

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad start for the Garfield Cadets in Jacksonville, FL. 4th place out of 8 DI corps, winning GE Music and 2nd in guard...maybe 2nd in a few other captions but I didn't really scrutenize those.

Right now we are 9th place in DI. Places 3-9 all scored in the 72's...7 corps VERY close together!

Looks like it will be a good season over here for Garfield, MUCH better than FMB! :P

I just want to make finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since DCI finally decided to post the recaps.... Scores are now posted!

OVT was 2nd at Annapolis, and 10th overall in our Division last night, hopefully we can make up the 1.77 points we lost between West Chester and Annapolis. We're heading over to Europe tomorrow, so best of luck to everyone staying state-side. :)

Edited by DCIDanny

Since DCI finally decided to post the recaps.... Scores are now posted!

Just an FYI...for whatever reason, DCP's Stats/Scores page had caption scores up waaay before dci.org. So in the future, you may want to chech that out as well as dci's website before you go to bed.

I think at the end of the season, we should have a vote on which new uniform looks the best. That way, we can all see each other's uniform and really appreciate how they look.

Bayonne show tonight :worthy:

HYPE!

I reviewed Dr. Jeff's code and had his permission to use it - although, I wound-up doing things a bit differently. It appeared to me that, especially in the 'off-season', with a good understanding of the linear function and access to the historic data, a person with enough time and desire could calculate the 'perfect' combination of captions. Further, I had some feedback that the math involved was a bit confusing to some that were trying to validate their scores.

-john

One could write a very simple program that would do just this (required 9 loops and 2 comparisons). I almost did it a couple of off-seasons ago but decided against it because that would take the fun out of it all.

After looking at the live scores only one word comes to mind (re: O'Sky): OUCH!!! <_<

Edited by sburstall

Anyone know when the scores will be posted? You know, seeing as how there are no corps performing tonight.