The Cavaliers 2007 Show

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo......

its june.

does ANY corps have a final product out right now? i cant believe this madness has gone on for so many pages.

yo...

its not about having a final product. If you read through the madness, you will see that people dont expect a polished product, but they do expect to at least hear all the music. Doesnt seem like too much to ask.

sorry, no. They never let him jump. As you know, velociraptors jump way to high and far to be considered human. Frankly he would have stuck out.

You know, i really think we need a book of everything that has happened to our beloved velocirapitor...starting with the time he went up to gino and said "i think i pulled my...." :worthy:

You know, i really think we need a book of everything that has happened to our beloved velocirapitor...starting with the time he went up to gino and said "i think i pulled my...." :laugh:

Theres already a book on him this year, and i know this without even marching :worthy:

Boy, if a corps got penelized for playing notes or spinning while not moving, no corps in the history of drum coprs would have broken 80. In fact, in my day, you HAD to stand still for 3 minutes.

So following the logic of many in this string;

Many Notes = high horn/drum scores

throwing 20 8's from a guard in a show = win guard caption

running while playing = win GE

Many notes, 20 8's while runing around the field = DCI Champs. Right?

Since when does the number of notes equate the best drum corps on the field?

Boy, if a corps got penelized for playing notes or spinning while not moving, no corps in the history of drum coprs would have broken 80. In fact, in my day, you HAD to stand still for 3 minutes.

so its ok to have the majority of show music being played while standing still?

so its ok to have the majority of show music being played while standing still?

I never said that but I am saying that everyone does it:

Phantom's trumpets rarely move during their signature staccato licks (I LOVE UM!) or the Power Wedges (LOVE THEM TOO!)

BD park a blows (LOVE THEM! I love LOUD!)

Cadets during their jam sessions never move while playing, especially when they are on top of picnic tables. (well, I was no fan of the pink picnic tables but I do like the jam sessions)

etc.... I can go on but you get the picture.

In regard to the Cavaliers, I think they are no different then any other corps in this regard. Besides, how can they be so admired for their drill if they stood still for so long? I haven't seen them yet this year but if they are "standing around" a lot this year, I am sure that Mike Gaines and co. will change that soon... if they haven't already. To echo what someone already said...

IT'S ONLY JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said that but I am saying that everyone does it:

Phantom's trumpets rarely move during their signature staccato licks (I LOVE UM!) or the Power Wedges (LOVE THEM TOO!)

BD park a blows (LOVE THEM! I love LOUD!)

Cadets during their jam sessions never move while playing, especially when they are on top of picnic tables. (well, I was no fan of the pink picnic tables but I do like the jam sessions)

etc.... I can go on but you get the picture.

In regard to the Cavaliers, I think they are no different then any other corps in this regard. Besides, how can they be so admired for their drill if they stood still for so long? I haven't seen them yet this year but if they are "standing around" a lot this year, I am sure that Mike Gaines and co. will change that soon... if they haven't already. To echo what someone already said...

IT'S ONLY JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've all recognized that they have great drill! Even i'll admit that. I love cavies drill. Thats not the question @ hand tho. Its how much they play while doing that cool drill; wqhich is significantly harder than just marching/ just playing

Nobody said more is better. There is such a thing as 'too much', and there is such a thing as 'too little'. In this instance, we have a case of 'too little'

We've all recognized that they have great drill! Even i'll admit that. I love cavies drill. Thats not the question @ hand tho. Its how much they play while doing that cool drill; wqhich is significantly harder than just marching/ just playing

Actually I said that they don't have great drill this year. I think the drill is extremely disappointing coming from the Cavaliers.