The Cavaliers 2007 Show

This is true. But seriously.....constant stand stills and minimal playing w/o marching. For example....Cavs 2006...remember that cool stretchy block thing? I loved it! It was great!1!! But they had three massive breaks in the middle of their show. I'D LOVE THAT TOO. OMFG If I had a break inbetween Dancer and the closer...whoa....THAT would be awesome! Not to mention right before we hit 200, a nice break there woulda been sweet.

not easy, but easier

Ill go ahead and say this before someone else does...

2.5 minute drum break last year :laugh: ...

...the thing is...we got railed because people didnt like it. The big break in the cavies show...well that was fine because it was GE...duh :P

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....but it just doesnt strike me as the kind of 'OMGZZ the CaveaL13rZ are awesomezzz' show that almost convinced me to march there in 01 and 02.

I agree with you here. This show doesn't seem like it will be one of those "Wow" shows like others from this decade. However, it's early and time will tell. I find it funny that some are like, "This isn't a Cavie-type show," when it seems that many complain that all their shows are the same. :laugh:

The Cavaliers know how to make a show clean. Their "dot to dot "system has been unbeatable many times over. They are probly the "smartest" corps out there. Smart show design, they know how to get the numbers!

My theory is that this is so because of the lack of demand in their programs (recent years). If one does less, he/she can clean is faster and better than the next guy. But when does ease and cleanliness fall to difficulty? I LOVE marching my ### off. I want the judge to have to run to catch up to me and love what he hears at the same time. I guess i'm still thinking in terms of the "faster higher louder" era. He who marches the fastest and plays the best at the same time is the best. hence being that they have the best marchers and players as proven by the musical quality on the move.

When at what % cleanliness should a "hard" show beat a 100% clean "easy" show? If at all?

Just to shock the world and disagree with you for a sec...Make sure that you dont overgeneralize too much. I have a lot of complaints about theirs shows the past 2 years, but their drill in and of itself is still top notch, and certainly not easy.

Ill go ahead and say this before someone else does...

2.5 minute drum break last year :laugh: ...

...the thing is...we got railed because people didnt like it. The big break in the cavies show...well that was fine because it was GE...duh :P

Sorry to disappoint you, but the "Tea Party" was one of my favorite segments in 2006. I found it immensely entertaining.

Just for the record, Cavaliers are my second favorite corps(and yes, I am a Cadets Borg drone). I think the show will be good this year. The Cavies just know how to do it. I have no doubt they'll smoke this year.

Star '91. The mellophones were flying around AND playing crazy runs at the same time.

God, that line was insane

Just to shock the world and disagree with you for a sec...Make sure that you dont overgeneralize too much. I have a lot of complaints about theirs shows the past 2 years, but their drill in and of itself is still top notch, and certainly not easy.

I am shocked :P

Sorry to disappoint you, but the "Tea Party" was one of my favorite segments in 2006. I found it immensely entertaining.

My favorite part was in rehearsal when someone jumped and didnt get caught ^0^ ...like in allentown when a certain baritone player did a face-plant into the turf. (he's on tour, probably enjoying himself right now, so he wont see this) :P

they weren't better than the cavies though!!!

cavies run and play 32nd notes all the time!!!

Star is nothing compared to cavies!!!

did the cavaliers hire terrance?