Will Crown add the narration back into their show?

So, anyone know anything more? Crown's addition of narration is probably the most important issue currently happening in my life right now, so that's why I'm asking.

Also, does anyone know anything about replacing Red Pony with another piece? Even though they should have left well enough alone, I heard they are piece-by-piece taking out Red Pony. Very disappointing, because this is one of my favorite drum corps shows as is. But maybe what they will replace it with is better...who knows...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a drum corps show needs a narrator to explain it to you, then it is poorly designed, [/b] IMO. You should be able to communicate everything you need to via the musical and visual elements of a program.

:wink: This is it my friends, this is the post of the day! :wink:

So, anyone know anything more? Crown's addition of narration is probably the most important issue currently happening in my life right now, so that's why I'm asking

Okay, now you're just ####### with us, right?

I.... I don't have the words anymore....

Hmm? What else is there to worry about? I have amazing friends and family, an amazing job, meaningful passions and interests, living back home over the summer before I continue my academic career...really, the biggest issue in my life right now, the one that is most disappointing but important, is that Carolina Crown will be putting the narration back into their 2007 show, especially after I've fallen in love with it in its current form.

Edited by Hrothgar15

If a drum corps show needs a narrator to explain it to you, then it is poorly designed, IMO. You should be able to communicate everything you need to via the musical and visual elements of a program.

Not saying I'm for or against narration in particular, but I am for change. Change, good or bad, is growth. No change is stagnant. What if DCI never changed(grew)? What if the medium for information exchange didn't change? We wouldn't be talking on here or watching videos of the corps on youtube. That being said, I believe that if the members can do it on the field in the amount of time given then I'm all for it. I may not enjoy the production just like I don't enjoy every musical or movie that's ever been made, but I still go to the movies and love musical theater. I fully believe that if you restrict any areas of creativity then whatever you're creating will be significantly less than it's full potential. No one should ever be criticized for thinking outside the box.

Edited by MelloDisciple

Crown has the purest hornline i've heard so far this year, it would be a shame if they put the narration back. Even if they do though, their narration at least makes sense. On the same line, the narration in the Cadets show is just painful because it adds nothing and masks an extremely talented hornline.

On the other hand. 2007 Bluecoats = Best use of narration ever imo

Crown has the purest hornline i've heard so far this year, it would be a shame if they put the narration back. Even if they do though, their narration at least makes sense. On the same line, the narration in the Cadets show is just painful because it adds nothing and masks an extremely talented hornline.

On the other hand. 2007 Bluecoats = Best use of narration ever imo

Do you know what Crown's narration was comprised of?

I was talking about drum corps. Were these composed for drum corps?

There's not many songs out there composed specifically for drum corps but I see your point.