Will Crown add the narration back into their show?

Not saying I'm for or against narration in particular, but I am for change. Change, good or bad, is growth. No change is stagnant. What if DCI never changed(grew)? What if the medium for information exchange didn't change? We wouldn't be talking on here or watching videos of the corps on youtube. That being said, I believe that if the members can do it on the field in the amount of time given then I'm all for it. I may not enjoy the production just like I don't enjoy every musical or movie that's ever been made, but I still go to the movies and love musical theater. I fully believe that if you restrict any areas of creativity then whatever you're creating will be significantly less than it's full potential. No one should ever be criticized for thinking outside the box.

Just in case it was overlooked

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geluf,

you are certainly entitled to your opinion and thats cool we cant all be expected to like the same sound. i personally side with phantom crown. over the past three years i would want their sound more than any other corps if i were gonna be a brass caption head. (I.e. "a mighty fortress in 05 show). and as far as the degree thing goes, thats cool that you got the BA from there but i judge a person based meeting them im not saying that you arent the best composer in the whole world, but i am saying that i have met an engineer from MIT who is probably the dumbest eng. i have ever met. (im an engineer). now again, im in no way saying that you are bad at what you do or you have no credibility in this topic, im just saying that where you went isnt always the best arugument.

I didn't say it was!

Good Lord, when did the Crown Police write up my warrant??

No, I certainly do not. But the scores backed-up what I heard that night.

I'll grant you it was through computer speakers (#### GOOD speakers, but speakers :P )

I think my background implies I might know a teeeeeeeeny little bit about music and such. :P

That's when... :P

Its cool.

But man, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to hold an opinion that made Crown not the best this year. Somebody dropped the ball with the memos again. :P

That's when...

Well what was I supposed to do? You accussed me of being a number-lover! I don't even LIKE math!!! :P

Speaking of numbers and such...

Isn't tonights show going on right now?

Not saying I'm for or against narration in particular, but I am for change. Change, good or bad, is growth. No change is stagnant. What if DCI never changed(grew)? What if the medium for information exchange didn't change? We wouldn't be talking on here or watching videos of the corps on youtube. That being said, I believe that if the members can do it on the field in the amount of time given then I'm all for it. I may not enjoy the production just like I don't enjoy every musical or movie that's ever been made, but I still go to the movies and love musical theater. I fully believe that if you restrict any areas of creativity then whatever you're creating will be significantly less than it's full potential. No one should ever be criticized for thinking outside the box.

Narration = New Coke.