One thing...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't remember for sure, but didn't Cavies do this a couple times in the Late 80's early 90's? I remember some repeats from them during that time frame.

'86 & '87 - Korean Folk Song. The arrangements were similiar, but there was enough of a difference that I can tell which year is which by the recordings.

Cavies had a tag ending that was similiar in '86, '87, and '88. It was just the ending and was changed slightly each year to match the theme of the show.

In 1989, they played a show based on John Rutter's Gloria and some original music. In 1990, we played Homage to Machaut (from Medieval Suite) Actually, I remember it being called Peritin or something like that. A bit of Gloria was mixed into that at the end of the opener. We also played a tag ending that was Gloria. The arrangements were very different. :)

In 1991, they opened with Variants on an Advent Hymn, which sounded similar to the stuff we sang as the opener in 1990.

Edited by jjeffeory

I'd like to see Cavies bring back The Firebird with their current musical and visual program.

I'm in the minority of people who actually liked 1997.

I like the 1988 version better musically and visually. Lots of 8allsy power chords.

The strange things is they went out to California both times. I think they got sick both times too.

Edited by jjeffeory

The decision for SCV to do Phantom of the Opera again in 1989 was set in stone in the DCI Board office the night before Finals in 1988--when it was determined Madison would be given the title a day ahead. SCV felt left out, so it was said, come back with the same show next year and we will give you a title too. :P

Elmo Blatch

I've never heard this ----

please explain

I like the 1988 version better musically and visually. Lots of 8allsy power chords.

The strange things is they went out to California both times. I think they got sick both times too.

The Cavaliers didn't come to California in '88. Their frist trip was in '93, and again in '97. Never heard any stories about them getting sick.

I also prefer the '97 version.

It was somewhat common back then. But, you have to remember that it was as new a show to the members of '89 SCV as any other corps memebers had a new show. I think there's an advantage from a design standpoint in repeating a show, but not one member played the same music or marched the same drill - so it was still new to them all, and they still had to execute.

The Cavaliers didn't come to California in '88. Their frist trip was in '93, and again in '97. Never heard any stories about them getting sick.

I also prefer the '97 version.

You are probably right. It's been many years.

I remember them going California with the Heroes show in '93. I saw them in '97 for sure. You know what, I remember, there was talk of an outbreak of food poisoning in '93. I was talking to someone in '98 and they said that everytime they go to California, they get sick.

JPaul sounds like John Paul, which is a name that sounds familiar to me...

Who went out to California in '88? I thought someone from the midwest did. Star? Oh well, I wasn't in California in '88, but I thought someone told me that. Did Star go to California in '88???

Edited by jjeffeory

You are probably right. It's been many years.

I remember them going California with the Heroes show in '93. I saw them in '97 for sure. You know what, I remember, there was talk of an outbreak of food poisoning in '93. I was talking to someone in '98 and they said that everytime they go to California, they get sick.

JPaul sounds like John Paul, which is a name that sounds familiar to me...

Who went out to California in '88? I thought someone from the midwest did. Star? Oh well, I wasn't in California in '88, but I thought someone told me that. Did Star go to California in '88???

I know for sure Star went to CA in '89 but am not sure about '88. I guess you could go to corpsreps and look at what shows they played in '88.