Fairfield, OH--Madison Scouts FIRST SHOW!

well according to the recap they did good visually besides the guard.

The guard is a pretty big part of the visual package, however. :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from the show.

My Scouts impression:

Way too much green. They need more red accents.

Lots of holes in the corps. Missing 3-4 contras, only marched 8. 9 snares, but only 3 tenors.

Do you know if the have more than 8 contras, but they didn't march tonight, or is 8 all they have.

I had heard they only had 3 tenors. How big was the guard?

well according to the recap they did good visually besides the guard.

guard is tied in to almost every sheet on the field and in the box. If the guard is not strong (been the case for a while now) makes the corps really struggle. Lowest opening day score for the Scouts since 2001 Not good.

guard is tied in to almost every sheet on the field and in the box.

Well, except for Brass.

Oh, and Percussion...and Music Ensemble.....

...and Music GE.

But, yeah, other than THOSE, almost every sheet on the field.

:P

Just messin' with ya.

I just came back from the show in Fairfield. Here's my reveiw:

Cincy Tradition- An entertaining little mixed age corps that played old BD tunes.

Southwind- Added sky blue and white guard unis. Along with their colorful flags they blend well with the black and gold corps unis. They still have about 10 wholes to fill.

Madison- I stood next to Don Howard founder of Madison Scouts and he gave me lots of insight about the Scouts.

The corps is very young avg. age about 18

The new uniforms were Jeffs idea, he would have perfered white pants, green jackets and red sash. But he handels the money side of the corps and doesn't overstep.

the staff is young and the drum line is all new except one.

I like the Madison show it has a spin cycle begining and end. The soloist are a little weak, maybe I caught them on a bad night.

Glassmen- The Guard is the show. This is my third time seeing this show and its growing on me.

Bluecoats- Have a very solid show. Not as ambitious as last years show but lots of fun to watch. I think their use of naration is very good. Color guard is still lacking parts.

Cadets- The person who wrote The Cadets didn't get much appludes lied! The crowd went from skeptical to sold to Standing ovation in the matter of 11 minutes.

The fact is, The Cadets got a bigger ovation than the Bluecoats. Ive got video proof!

Like I said before, The Pre Zone Cadets ARE BACK!

The Cadets got rid of the vocal introduction. Cut the naration in the second song in half. And are talking alot less than the first show.

The Cadets impressed the crowed with raw power! Company fronts! , Power Blocks!, Short Park and Blows and classic Cadet whip lash drill.

The crowd ate it up. Anybody who was there knows it . like it or not.

They still have lots of work to do, guard parts to add and narration to eliminate.

The pre Zone Cadets are Back!!!!

Madison- I stood next to Don Howard founder of Madison Scouts and he gave me lots of insight about the Scouts.

Perhaps you mean Bill Howard, who is not the founder, but was the executive director and is currently the business manager. He is a very nice and knowledgable man.

Perhaps you mean Bill Howard, who is not the founder, but was the executive director and is currently the business manager. He is a very nice and knowledgable man.

yes, your right! Bill Howard, very nice guy. It's late.

I was at the show tonight. The pre-show was actually pretty cool, although it took a loooong time. I liked the uniforms better than I thought I would.

The brass performance was one of the worst performances I've heard in drum corps. It was embarrassing and I feel bad for the members. I hope they can get it together. Visual Performance was not very strong as well.

Congrats Southwind!!! Have they ever beat Madison in drums before?

(I still miss the red)