Madison Scouts 2007

well... debates do get heated sometimes in public forums ... but it really isn't innappropriate until the rules are broken.

It's an uncomfortable discussion, but not out of hand, Steph.

I don't have to agree with these posts... and I don't disrespect either of these long time DCP'ers in anyway... I enjoy and agree with their posts much of the time.

On this, though, we totally disagree. That's all...

I edited... so I bump

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, I do feel for the current Scouts! But isn't fair to ask "who created

the wide open wounds"?

And is it fair to ask will those same members of the BOD be making decisions

for next year?

The BOD has openings every year. You can apply or run for a seat, if you care to and have the qualifications.

FYI, the current BOD is almost completely different than the one that ousted Sal.

Also, BOD meetings are open to the public. Date, time and place are posted on the website.

The BOD has openings every year. You can apply or run for a seat, if you care to and have the qualifications.

FYI, the current BOD is almost completely different than the one that ousted Sal.

Also, BOD meetings are open to the public. Date, time and place are posted on the website.

The BOD may be different now because SEVERAL members resigned because Sal was being ousted!! Let's not twist this story around! I'll name names if I have to!

I DO know the current BOD is made up of many alumni and yes, it is different from last year's BOD.

The BOD may be different now because SEVERAL members resigned because Sal was being ousted!! Let's not twist this story around! I'll name names if I have to!

Any chance those that resigned might be talked into returning? The Scouts lost

one heck of a BOD president.

Let's not twist this story around! I'll name names if I have to!

I DO know the current BOD is made up of many alumni and yes, it is different from last year's BOD.

yes... let's not twist things around. There usually IS two sides to every story.

You obviously know your side of things... and that's fine.

Let's leave it at that. Can't do anything about what's old news now.

Except of course, continue to bring it up and act as though it will change anything now.

But by all means, continue to bring it up over and over. Just don't get PO'd when someone comes in and disagrees...again.

yes... let's not twist things around. There usually IS two sides to every story.

You obviously know your side of things... and that's fine.

Let's leave it at that. Can't do anything about what's old news now.

Except of course, continue to bring it up and act as though it will change anything now.

But by all means, continue to bring it up over and over. Just don't get PO'd when someone comes in and disagrees...again.

What's wrong - don't like it when all your brothers (yes, I'm a Madison alum) don't agree with you?? Yes, I disagree with the decision and that's my right!

You sure seem to get PO'd when someone disagrees with you!

You don't have to name names. Marty Redmann has already made it public that he resigned in protest over Sal firing or non-renewal or whatever you want to call it.

The thing I want to know is why there was such an outcry over Sal? Even with all the turmoil in 2000 and 2002, there was still a relatively smooth transition from 2002 to 2003. Some staff left, some stayed. Same with the BOD. The ones who left did not make a public spectacle of their loyalty to Scott. Why such loyalty to Sal? Why are former staff members still badmouthing the corps in public? I just don't understand the bitterness. It's not like they were left hanging. Most of the staff found jobs with other corps. I believe that many were asked to stay on with the Scouts but chose to leave anyway. Why not just move on quietly. Why all the parting shots?

You don't have to name names. Marty Redmann has already made it public that he resigned in protest over Sal firing or non-renewal or whatever you want to call it.

The thing I want to know is why there was such an outcry over Sal? Even with all the turmoil in 2000 and 2002, there was still a relatively smooth transition from 2002 to 2003. Some staff left, some stayed. Same with the BOD. The ones who left did not make a public spectacle of their loyalty to Scott. Why such loyalty to Sal? Why are former staff members still badmouthing the corps in public? I just don't understand the bitterness. It's not like they were left hanging. Most of the staff found jobs with other corps. I believe that many were asked to stay on with the Scouts but chose to leave anyway. Why not just move on quietly. Why all the parting shots?

I think the answer is rather obvious. They felt Sal was getting the shaft! They felt

that the BOD was looking for excuses to get rid of Sal in hopes of getting a director

that would return the Scouts to the "in your face Scouts" of old.

By the way...I was told this by one of the staff members that resigned.

Why would you fault Marty Redmann for letting it be known why he resigned from

the board?

As for the "smooth transition" from 2002 to 2003...no it wasn't so smooth. There

were MANY that expressed their anger with the way Scott was treated.

I'm guessing the big difference between then and now may be what has happened

to the corps since the BOD made their decision in 02 and what has happened since

they made their decision in 06.