Bakersfield, CA Scores

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Peaking too early? They haven't even finished the show yet.

I'm with you. If a corps appears to have peaked early, the staff is giving up on perfection.

Just got home great show for very few corps.

Talked with one of the brass instructors he said the 6th movement will be added probably Sat unless they realy clean it up tommorow.

As for PC very entertaining show also very ...unclean but it does have top 15 potential.

SCV- They flat out move and have some crazy hard drill that is remarcably clean for this early in the year. They are moving and playing a lot of difficult runs throught the show the Drumline seems to be off to a heck of a start some good riffs and pretty clean as well for early. They were not nearly as powerfull as BD but have the pottential after seeing thier encore.

BD-After the technical difficulties :wacko: were fixed with the amps and such they can flat out blow you away with thier power the music is ok and very dark for the majority of the show, which I don't have a problem with. But visualy they are doing much easier moves that are much dirtier than SCV's.

All in all I liked both shows and can't wait to see the finished product in Pasadena

Heh, interesting calcorpsfan, I read the visual demand completely opposite.

My thoughts on the show are here.

They did not.

Just got home great show for very few corps.

Talked with one of the brass instructors he said the 6th movement will be added probably Sat unless they realy clean it up tommorow.

As for PC very entertaining show also very ...unclean but it does have top 15 potential.

SCV- They flat out move and have some crazy hard drill that is remarcably clean for this early in the year. They are moving and playing a lot of difficult runs throught the show the Drumline seems to be off to a heck of a start some good riffs and pretty clean as well for early. They were not nearly as powerfull as BD but have the pottential after seeing thier encore.

BD-After the technical difficulties :wacko: were fixed with the amps and such they can flat out blow you away with thier power the music is ok and very dark for the majority of the show, which I don't have a problem with. But visualy they are doing much easier moves that are much dirtier than SCV's.

All in all I liked both shows and can't wait to see the finished product in Pasadena

Awesome... regardless of what happens in the finals.. this is going to be a great year. I was at Precision West and I really really enjoyed all showings by the CA Big Guys: Renegades, Mandarins, SCV, and BD. At PW, SCV's show felt short and I found out that it was incomplete so now I can look forward to August 4 at Stanford to see their full show!

No they did not I was in Taft for thier rehersals this after noon and it was the majority of what they were working on but they did not perform it.