I'm calling it right here...

That limb is about to break. Just kidding.

From what I've heard so far from the apds of Crown's show, they sound great, especially that opening chord. I won't be surprised when they do well this year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'm dying for Dance with Dragons to come out, especially since Feast for Crows was such a letdown.

I love Crown's brass too, they're great! I remember hearing their first hit in 2005 live, and they had a wall of sound to match anyone there! No question Crown is a quality corps, but we've had just one show this season. Some around here are a little too quick to crown their ##### ($2 to Dennie Green)

No, I'm cool with that. I'm not ready to proclaim their dominance in DCI just yet, but I'm seeing and hearing the results they're are getting with their approach to brass. I hope that they get credit for the success they're having. I remember another corps who went down a similiar path and they did very well eventually. It's fun watching something build. The brass program at Carolina Crown has been doing that for a couple of years now.

Do you noticed that it's always high praise or gloom and doom on here in the summer? :P

Edited by jjeffeory

In 2-3 years, I predict that the current model of "top 5" will be replaced by the "top 7." Or maybe even the "top 8." With all corps scoring in the 93 to 98+ range.

In my opinion, it's the top 2 or 3 that are the big enchilada. These are the Corps that have a legit shot to win it all. After that, it's 3-12 or 4-12 where I look for entertainment and wowing the crowd. Otherwise, who cares if you finish 5th or 6th, but were considered boring by a lot of fans. Madison didn't " win " in '95, not even close. But that Corps that year will ALWAYS be remembered as a perennial classic " winner " that year with 90% of the Drum Corps crowd.

If that were so, why wouldn't Crown's brass line have brought their drumline up a few places? Where's the "caption creep" in the other direction?

Maybe they did? I'm not a drum expert but maybe they weren't even a top 12 drumline.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget the German...This isn't looking like it's a far-fetched idea now...