The Riverside Lounge

Shilo Inn is not far from the show site i believe. Scope out DCI.org to see if they have lodging info connected for that show...as PC might have set up a group rate for those going to the show tomorrow night.

Temple Avenue exit from Ca-57.

Garry

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using your logic, and the average spread of about 7 points in the west coast shows in 2006 (which became 16 points at DCA prelims), I'm thinking about a 10 point spread this year.

Look back to last week and see how Renegades score dropped six points from first to second shows. Scoring on DCA sheets in DCI-Pacific is so inconsistent it's ridiculous.

I recall the Weauxing corollary on rec.sports.college.football. The more you Weaux (pronounced "woof") for your team, the more you jinx them.

Best thing to do with the west shows is use what you can from the tapes because the scores are useless.

Garry

*Shhhhhhhhhh* C'mon, Garry....work with me here!!!

As for scores...we'll REALLY see what happens when the DCA judges are out this year....but the fact remains that SCD has never been ahead of Renegades...scoring inconsistencies or not.

Not really. Academy started their organization and fundraising in 1999, then created the different ensembles before putting them together as a corps in 2004. This result tonight has been the culmination of almost 8 years of dedication and planning.

Star came out of nowhere with deep pockets and the best staff money could buy.

Apples and oranges.

Garry

Hi Garry. I'm a little familiar with the history also. I left that out intentionally. First time out in Div I and looking for a finals spot is the similarity here. Of course, if you want to get really technical, wasn't it called open class back then?

Edited by ravedodger

Of course, if you want to get really technical, wasn't it called open class back then?

And unamplified too...but alas, I'm getting way too technical.

just so you guys know...

Academy had their SECOND loss tonight, not their first. they lost to the crusaders (i believe) once last year. but nonetheless.. great job for academy!

also.. vanguard did NOT have their closer in tonight.

The Crusaders? WHO?

for those who dont know, scv did NOT play their closer tonight, much to my disappointment.

Hi Garry. I'm a little familiar with the history also. I left that out intentionally. First time out in Div I and looking for a finals spot is the similarity here. Of course, if you want to get really technical, wasn't it called open class back then?

You can't ignore the history, Dave. It's the key that sets the two apart. Academy has been building toward this for 8 years. Star did it in one and never competed in another class.

I'd put this one somwhere between Star and Magic a couple of years ago when they had to compete in Div II, but still had the opportunity to go to quarters to make finals. Could Academy have made it last year if given the same opportunity? There's a debate for the ages that will never be answered.

And, technically, it was A, B and C class before it was Open, A and A-60. Why do you think Vanguard and Blue Devils still call their highest level corps the "A-Corps"? And why Blue Devils still use the B and C designators?

Garry

Double post. Sorry. Wow, first time I've had that happen!

Garry

Edited by CrunchyTenor

*Shhhhhhhhhh* C'mon, Garry....work with me here!!!

As for scores...we'll REALLY see what happens when the DCA judges are out this year....but the fact remains that SCD has never been ahead of Renegades...scoring inconsistencies or not.

OK, I'll bury my head in the sand, too. Renegades are lucky that RCR didn't go to DCA last year. They were clearly better because they outscored them at one show...but at least they did it head-to-head.

I wish you competitive success, Sam, but the scoring is so inconsistent that I can't blindly take it at face value.

Garry