THANK YOU ACADEMY!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww crap! You beat me to it! The first thing I thought of at reading the words "flaming trailer"

was that that would be perfect for a VK show! :)

Academy - you guys are freakin awesome for stepping up to the plate like that.

Maybe Godzilla, who had been locked away since the last time VK was around was too anxious to bust out of his trailer for the first show.

Maybe Godzilla, who had been locked away since the last time VK was around was too anxious to bust out of his trailer for the first show.

So long as the eBunny is OK!!!! :doh:

This is the one thing in drum corps that should never change!

VK...you guys came back on fire!

Academy...Making a habit out of moving up classes each year? Way to go. I can't wait to see what class, honor, and a big heart like that looks like on the field.

This is definitely what drum corps is all about. I'm very happy to see this sort of thing is still alive and well in the activity. I know Academy is a class outfit, and I've been waiting for VK to be back out there for a long time. Terrific stuff to read about.

For a similar sort of story about a drum corps helping another out, those of you unfamiliar with the connection between Crossmen and Spirit should check this out:

http://drumcorpswiki.com/Spirit_from_Jacks..._Truck_Incident

Maybe people would or would not be surprised. Many drum corps, while highly competitive on the field, are friendly off of it. I know there are a couple corps who I've talked to trying to help them with various aspects of their operation. When it comes down to it, we're all trying to accomplish the same things. It's one of the things that makes the activity so rewarding.

Last year at finals, The Academy shared school sites with a DIV III corps from Canada,

one afternoon the entire Academy corps when over and watch the run thru, the kids from Canada could not believe the a higher ranking corps took the time to come and watch them. Later in the week they paid back the visit, and then the Academy treated them to ice cream at the kitchen trailer.

This reminded me of the opposite... years ago an Arizona band directed by the Academy's directors Father, went to Las Vegas for their very first out of state band competition,

in the prelims they came in second,

during the break a parent from Arizona was walking by a trailer from a California band, the band director was standing in the back yelling at the members, and one phrase stood out "WE DID NOT COME HERE TO BE BEAT BY A HICK BAND FROM ARIZONA".

Mark Richardson (Academy director) was writting drill for his Dad's band, the band from Arizona came in third in Finals that night. I wonder what that band director thinks about Drum Corps from Arizona now?

********************************************************************************

This is definitely what drum corps is all about. I'm very happy to see this sort of thing is still alive and well in the activity. I know Academy is a class outfit, and I've been waiting for VK to be back out there for a long time. Terrific stuff to read about.

For a similar sort of story about a drum corps helping another out, those of you unfamiliar with the connection between Crossmen and Spirit should check this out:

http://drumcorpswiki.com/Spirit_from_Jacks..._Truck_Incident

• 3 weeks later...

Drum Corps, as it should be. Great story :) :) :) :) :)