Blue Knights vs. Crown and Boston

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom, with Crown another three points behind them, and Boston two points behind Crown.

BK will be five points over Phantom. :)

Hmmm, my head feels better now, but as my head fog clears, I seem to remember a corps from Denver that beat a popular CC in the near past when everybody thought they (BK) would be 9th or 10th. Probability says that Crown will come out on top, but Crown has not been tested yet by competing with corps that are in their competitive range. Crown is currently 7th, so they will not catch themselves and I don't think they will move into the top 6 with a good majority of the upper tier corps having a legit shot at the title. So logic says they are not going to compete with themselves this year and the Blue Knights being the pest that they are will give them a run. Who knows, they might just compete hard enough against each other that they end up passing up one of the big boys in the process. Advil has kicked, but I'm sticking with my prediction!!! Anybody that is Dancing in the Dark has got to be great!!! Go Evil!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Wishful prediction? I think so. BK won't beat Crown any more than Crown will beat Phantom.

As of right now the spread from 1st to Crown is 3.05. The spread from Crown to BK is 2.45. A difference of .6. If it is a reasonable assumption to think BK will beat Crown then it's just as reasonable to say Crown will beat Cadets. Using your logic that is.

Phantom - 82.15

Crown - 80.35

Blue Knights - 77.2

Boston - 76.55

Crossmen - 72.4

It's a long road to Finals and I sure hope the current standings change many times over before then. Anything can happen between now and then.Phantom will be first in Elizabeth, PA. Crown will be second. BK will not be higher than 3rd. Boston will not be higher than 3rd

Edited by MelloDisciple

Wishful prediction? I think so. BK won't beat Crown any more than Crown will beat Phantom.

As of right now the spread from 1st to Crown is 3.05. The spread from Crown to BK is 2.45. A difference of .6. If it is a reasonable assumption to think BK will beat Crown then it's just as reasonable to say Crown will beat Cadets. Using your logic that is.

Phantom - 82.15

Crown - 80.35

Blue Knights - 77.2

Boston - 76.55

Crossmen - 72.4

It's a long road to Finals and I sure hope the current standings change many times over before then. Anything can happen between now and then.Phantom will be first in Elizabeth, PA. Crown will be second. BK will not be higher than 3rd. Boston will not be higher than 3rd

Its funny how you start your post with how BK will never beat Crown this season and then finish your post with "Anything can happen between now and then." :P

. . .and they used to call me a homer.

Phantom 79.8

Crown 78.95

BK 76.5

Boston 73.95

Crossmen 69.35

Anything can happen at Finals, but I see little to no chance that BK beats Crown tonight. But then again, asking me to predict what a judge will do is as unpredictable for me as it gets.

It most assuradly won't happen tonight, they don't face off until the Thurs. the 28th :P. Ha Ha, J/k!! It is funny to see how touchy a subject this is. Could it be a lot of folks are still upset about the outcome of last season?

My point about the scores using "my logic" is that they (the scores) will even out. BK and Crown have not faced each other, therefore it is ludicrous to think that the scores will not be influenced by the level of competition that will exist between them. My bet is that Phantom will be 4 or 5 points ahead of whoever is 2nd and I think that BK and Crown will have a gap no bigger than 1-1.5 points one way or the other. Phantom is vying for a title and the Knights, Crown, and BAC are not in that same boat. You can bet because they will all be at pretty close to the same competitive range in the end that Crown who has been scoring very well will have their score flatten out and that the Blue Knights and BAC scores will continue to climb. This is what has happened in the past and I think will happen this year. Even if it is not at the show in question. It's a fun season isn't it?? I can't wait to see all the corps in San Antonio, what a bad a@@ show that is going to be!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Crown won't stay on 76 for an entire week. That show is too strong. I think you underestimate the power of this corps. Boston isn't close to them yet.

and they haven't. They are at 77 now, and unless the drop in score over the next three days, they won't be scoring a 76 on the 28th.

Phantom, based on their scores so far, look to be in a higher bracket than Crown, BK, Boston. Crown may very well be in a higher bracket than BK, Boston. But until the Regionals, it's hard to really tell with these things. The Regionals will give a better sense of the slotting brackets these Corps seem to be competitive in.

7 and below will not catch Crown this year.

Except that Crown *is* 7th right now.

And will likely stay there.