Undefeated

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, Cadets would seem to have the least room for growth in the concept, since the more voiceover you cut, the further away you get from the major unifying element in the show.

Uh - that's a stretch considering how hard their show is, how dirty they still are and the fact that they haven't even added their real ending yet

Uh - that's a stretch considering how hard their show is, how dirty they still are and the fact that they haven't even added their real ending yet

Everyone else will be making changes too, so that's not in question. And everyone else has a lot of cleaning to do too, so there goes THAT point.

What IS in question is how well the show will hold together as a unified work as the voiceovers get cut back. Visually, there's not much in the show that underscores the attempted intellectual content; the raison d'erte of the whole thing lies in the voiceovers.

If they wanted to be really radical, they could say "oops", cut the voiceovers altogether, and just call it "Juxtaperformance II" for the rest of the year. It certainly wouldn't hurt their score at all, which only demonstrates that 1) it IS a good musical and visual show, and that 2) the script is totally superfluous.

I have heard from a very reliable source Phantom has some big surprises in store before they all get together.

is it a leg kick at the end of the show??!! :lolhit:

What are you people smoking? Have any of you seen all of these corps at the same show? The same judges?

These scores are largely first reads, they are from VERY early, and lots of changes are coming in everyone's shows. Now, once we get a few of the major regionals done, then I'll listen to slotting and placement theories...but it is simply to early to be making any of these statement with any amount of seriousness. It's not to early for a top corps to fall flat on their face and peak, or for a lower corps to get it together and come charging forward.

Cadets win Championship.

Phantom 2nd but could make a run.

Cavies end up in 3rd possibly 4th depending on BD or Coats season progression.

Oh give me a break. Way too early to tell anything. I'm sorry but I don't believe that is accurate. Cavies in 3rd or 4th. I had some people tell me in 2004 that Cavies wouldn't make top 3 and they won. This year's run for the title won't be decided until August. Too close to call.

I have heard from a very reliable source Phantom has some big surprises in store before they all get together.

What's that...an extra laundry day?

Edited by siuehist

What's that...an extra laundry day?

:huh:

I agree, but for now they are. I think Cadets are the greatest challenge

I had to check my calendar there for a minute. Thought it was August 10 and two corps had pulled ahead.

Everyone calm down. Bluecoats are "solidly" in 5th, yet they "solidly" placed 0.2 back of Cavies last weekend. Could Blooo peak next week and place 3+ points back of the pack again? Sure.

Anyone who wants to bet Cavies go undefeated, line up, cuz I'll be happy to bet a Dublin Dr Pepper against THAT prediction. Not slamming the Green Machine, just that I expect they will lose to BD, PR, and Cadets at some point, as well as beat each of the same.

4 teams 0.25 apart the other day! Has that ever happened before??? cavies79 is close--champion won't be decided until August, all right--in Pasadena! :P