176 seconds with The Cadets

I see the dead horse is back. All I can say is.....

CADETS WILL CONTINUE TO DO WELL NO MATTER WHO DOES OR WHO DOESN'T LIKE THEIR SHOW THIS YEAR!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the audience at EVERY SHOW should give the Cadets some "narration" of their own:

SHUT UP AND PLAY!

They play... a lot....possibly more than most other groups

I saw about 3 people at allentown with those shirts. They looked pretty embaressed and one guy was trying to hide it...

I see the dead horse is back. All I can say is.....

CADETS WILL CONTINUE TO DO WELL NO MATTER WHO DOES OR WHO DOESN'T LIKE THEIR SHOW THIS YEAR!!!

I have seen reviews on the Cadets show based on what people who attend the shows are saying.

Now listen to this show on your stereo/MP3 player. To me the narration is completely distracting. I have tried to be objective - reading the reviews with arguments for/arguments against the Cadets narration, but am now at the point where I press the forward key to get to the next show.

I never thought this would happen with a corps that I have so admired in the past - even with the last two years productions where we had drum speak and singing. To me the music becomes background to the narration. I am convinced now that even if the narration were of professional grade, it would still put the music in the background.

There are fans that are okay with this. I am not.....call me old fashioned.

When the season isn't in full swing, I'm listening to corps music ALL the time whether it be on my personal computer or in my car. I am not going to be listening to this corps 2007 show in the off season.

Edited by LincolnV

This is not as bad as an indoor drumline I saw at The WGI Nashville regional. The name escapes me right now, but, out of a 7:41 show, the drumline itself only played for 2:31. Thats right, The "guard" that traveled with the line did "most of the talkin". They ended up beating us by like 4 points or somthing stupid. (Finals Scholastic A)

As Ive always said .... if you need narration / speaking / singing .... in your show to help people understand any aspect of it ..... then you need a better design team.

This is not as bad as an indoor drumline I saw at The WGI Nashville regional. The name escapes me right now, but, out of a 7:41 show, the drumline itself only played for 2:31. Thats right, The "guard" that traveled with the line did "most of the talkin". They ended up beating us by like 4 points or somthing stupid. (Finals Scholastic A)

The "it's not as bad as......" is my second favorite response to this type of post. My favorite is the - "oh here we go again - haven't we beaten this to death already?" response. It seems that these replies are generally posted by those who aren't bothered by the narration and don't want it brought up anymore.

Well, some like it, some are neutral, and (it seems to me - my OPINION), most don't like the narration. That reminds me of my third favorite repsonse, the "this is not a true sampling of the thousands of drum corps fans" response, as if there's some untapped mother lode out there (I wish there were..). Awaiting your dismissive replies...

They play... a lot....possibly more than most other groups

I saw about 3 people at allentown with those shirts. They looked pretty embaressed and one guy was trying to hide it...

The show was in Allentown..I bet they did feel uneasy wearing those shirts..They LOVE The Cadets there..

As Ive always said .... if you need narration / speaking / singing .... in your show to help people understand any aspect of it ..... then you need a better design team.

As I've always said, a well designed show scores highly. The Cadets had no problem taking care of Phantom, SCV, and Crown last night. Hmmm....

I have seen reviews on the Cadets show based on what people who attend the shows are saying.

Now listen to this show on your stereo/MP3 player. To me the narration is completely distracting. I have tried to be objective - reading the reviews with arguments for/arguments against the Cadets narration, but am now at the point where I press the forward key to get to the next show.

I never thought this would happen with a corps that I have so admired in the past - even with the last two years productions where we had drum speak and singing. To me the music becomes background to the narration. I am convinced now that even if the narration were of professional grade, it would still put the music in the background.

There are fans that are okay with this. I am not.....call me old fashioned.

When the season isn't in full swing, I'm listening to corps music ALL the time whether it be on my personal computer or in my car. I am not going to be listening to this corps 2007 show in the off season.

YES YES YES YES......WE all know how most of you feel about the narration. I don't like some parts of it either. But that's not gonna stop me from enjoying the show. This horse has been beat to death already.

Well I guess it's safe to say the cadets are doing pretty well this season despite what most of us think of the narration. Good job to them as always.