What's More Impressive?

Here's a thread, in a format most will recognize from the Bored Forums. The question is "What's more impressive?" Everyone who responds will make their pick, then provide another situation for the next person to respond to. For example, if I say "What's more impressive, the Cavaliers 99.15 in 2002 or the Cadets 99.15 in 2005?", the next person to respond would make their pick, explaining why, then give a question for the next person to answer.

So...

What's more impressive, the Cavaliers 99.15 in 2002 or the Cadets 99.15 in 2005?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies, esp. considering how dirty their guard was on finals night.

More impressive- the '96 tie, the '99 tie or the '00 tie?

Neither! :P

Cavies, esp. considering how dirty their guard was on finals night.

More impressive- the '96 tie, the '99 tie or the '00 tie?

Sorry if I am responding to this after someone else did.

The tie in 1996 was most impressive. Reason: in 1999 and 2000, there will clearly two corps who could have won the title. While the Blue Devils had the lead most of the season in 1999, no one doubted that SCV could win. Same in 2000. Cadets were undefeated, but Cavaliers had also conquered the competition most of that summer. In 1996, Phantom was not really in the equation, although they were incredibly good and had started to make a run. But most figured it was down to BD and Cadets, and many felt that had Cadets not taken time off for the Olympics that they might have won. For Phantom to rise to the occasion and go from 4th in quarters to 1st at Finals is the stuff of legends.

JW

What is more impressive: Garfield's three-peat from 1983 - 85 or the Cavaliers' from 2000 - 2002?

Edited by jwillis35

The '96 tie - Phantom comes all the way from 4th in Quarters.

What's more impressive:

The way the Troopers have started off their return to competition, or

the way the Blue Stars started off their return to Division 1?

The return of Troopers (actually I'm impressed by both...but could only choose one. :( )

What's more impressive:

'83 Garfield with thier first DCI title or '96 Phantom's first DCI title?

What's more impressive:

The Troopers. They came so close to not being and to make such a come back with an almost full corps in just one year is amazing.

Love Blue Stars, but they had been building and planning on a return over time.

Glad both are doing well

Do you prefer a guard that is dirty but lots of "emotional movement"

or a guard with lots of crisp clean spinning?

What's more impressive:

Yeah, don't know that I can only choose one here. I say this is a push. Both organizations have come back in good shape, very impressive on the field, doing well in recruiting, and they are working hard at fund-raising. They are both to be applauded. I will give the edge to Troopers for having the better Bingo Hall. :)

What is more impressive: The brass line of the 1990 Dutch Boy or the 1979 Guardsmen? This is for those who have been around a while.

JW

What is more impressive: Garfield's three-peat from 1983 - 85 or the Cavaliers' from 2000 - 2002?

I love Cavaliers, but...

Garfield revolutionized the activity with their shows in the early 80's, while the Cavaliers haven't yet had the test of time. Also, those three titles were the Cadets first three championships in the DCI era. I think it's impressive to come storming through the ranks, then stay on top.

What's the more impressive second place finish, BD '84, SCV '87, Star '93, or BD '04?