Colts 8th?

Colts are "red" hot and have not even made any needed changes in their show.

From reading their Cooktruck Blog site they have a week to do local gigs, July 4th $$$$ parades, plus rehearsal time before they come back out on the competition trail next Friday, July 6.

From reading the show reviews they are glowing compared to the folks around them (immediately below and immediately above.) They have caught up and passed Glassmen tonight (does not necessarily mean that will stay the same the rest of the season), and are a arms length behind Boston and BK.

Maybe they will sneak into 8th. Highest in corps history.

What say you?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted Colts to finish 11th in the preseason, but never in my wildest dreams did I envision they would be within striking distance of 8th. At this point, I wouldn't rule it out given the spreads...although the last time BK and Colts faced each other, BK was comfortably ahead.

Edited by dciguy01

What say you?

I say.... different shows, different judges, different nights etc.

Let's see how it all shakes out at a show where everyone's in attendance.

I really don't like the listing of corps in order of scores before they've all been at the same show, but that's just me.

I'd love to see them in 8th, but I'd say no higher than 10th would be more realistic.

For those who have seen the show live, does the visual add a lot to the show? I've listened to the APD a few times, and it just doesn't make "sense" musically to me. Maybe the visual adds much more...

I'd love to see them in 8th, but I'd say no higher than 10th would be more realistic.

For those who have seen the show live, does the visual add a lot to the show? I've listened to the APD a few times, and it just doesn't make "sense" musically to me. Maybe the visual adds much more...

I've seen it several times, and I'm not a real expert so take this for what is worth, its how I understand the show.

This is an absolutely visual show! The opener is the Autumal Equinox with all the shades of fall in the flags and guard, Troiak is the first snow of winer , the guard in white and silver, its kinda of fun like the early winter can be, the Bartok peice is the nasty winter in January and February, the guard stays in white with Dark flags and the drill is fast and angry, just like those February Blizzards we have in the Mid West, Sring (the Vernal equinox) comes with the guard still in white but with sunburst flags, they kind of melt the snow and it ends with the guard in skirts that complment the hand painted flag of spring fowers. The music absolutely fits with the drill and it seems to work.

It is early, but at this point 10th looks like a real possibility, 8th is a stretch but who knows. Where ever they finish, I think you'll enjoy this show.

I agree thats it a visual shovv. The guard absolutely sells the shovv, both the design and the colors make sense.

Would you like to buy a W?

I have only seen the Colts once this year and probably wont see them again but I loved the show, loved the new uni's, loved the guard, loved the music and loved the drill.......I really cant say enough about them. They are RED hot and I hope they really vault higher.

I saw the Colts again last night. Wonderful show. I think I would seed them around 10th place right now. In theory, if you look at the comparison from last years top 12, they are ahead of Spirit, Glassmen(as of last night), Madison Scouts(as of a couple of days ago), which would comfortably put them in 10th place. They have also beat the 2 corps right behind them last year, Crossmen and Blue Stars, within the last week. One thing in question would be Academy, since both Colts and Academy have beaten Pacific Crest in the 5-7 point spread.

But regardless of where they are placing right now, Colts have a really solid show-well performed, and with some areas you can tell rewrites are coming. Congrats to the Colts.