Last Night's guard recaps

moveslikethis.jpg

It's moves like this (sliding down a pole using your upper body strength) that's getting the Vanguard up there this year! Kudos to Dave and his team for their innovation!

Quoting so that I can see it on page 2 :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone must have thought Crown's guard was the best/most entertaining...

Edited by MelloDisciple

Pioneer beating Madison in guard was one of the bigger shocks of the season

Quoting so that I can see it on page 2 :)

I kinda think that his picture deserves to be on EVERY page. Aye carrumbah!

yes, i'm sure that sliding down a pole is the reason their colorguard is doing so well t his season. :worthy:

i remembered their winterguard doing a similar pose like that in their 06 show, except they were using flags. i havent really seen anything, but yeah i think they're pretty good this season.

in attempt to get this thread back on topic...

the guard scores from last night were

1) Phantom- 16.8

2) Crown- 16.4

3) Cadets-16.3

I saw all 3 of these corps at the Lexington show and honestly, I'm not surprised. The difficulty and amount of achievement in Phantom's guard is astounding. They still have much more work to add to their book, soo once its done, i bet that they will again have one of the top guards.

As for Crown, they have Jenifo (Jennifer Leseth) AND Rosie Miller(Queen) on their staff. These two women know their stuff and will make a GREAT colorguard.

Cadets=always good. Just dirty. Their trick flags are providing them difficulties.

1) At the Lexington show, there were 2 people that had to go to the front sideline during the opening flag hit b/c they couldnt get their silks out all the way

2) If the silks dont get in the pole all the way...there are 2 different colored silks out of the pole, resulting in a ruined effect.

But yah...all 3 of these colorguards are taught by some of the greatese minds in the Guard World. They will all have success this season...but my bet is that in the end, Phantom's guard will come out on top of Crown and Cadets.

I'm just glad to see Vanguard challenging for guard again.

Their mid '80' guards were phenomenal ('84, '85, '87) and their 2000 guard is one of the most under rated ever!!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

About the 2000 guard, agreed!

Hey Mike Hurd, do you have any more pics from that rehearsal? Was that at Riverside King?

Edited by alto92

About the 2000 guard, agreed!

Hey Mike Hurd, do you have any more pics from that rehearsal? Was that at Riverside King?

Yeah, I have a couple. And yes, they're from Riverside MLK HS.

But I need to Photoshop them into shape so they look nice (you know, levels and stuff). Shoot me a note at surferinut@yahoo.com and I'll send them to ya.

Vanguard beating Bloo in guard isn't anything new. I am anxious to see what Phantom is putting out there this year though.....especially weapon wise, since its been getting consistently better since 03.