Current Standings

ACADEMY continues to climb. With a 84.250 this evening their score (for the moment) elevates them above BLUE STARS and COLTS. PHOENIX DESERT CLASSIC, Satuday, August 4th should be thrilling top to bottom. Nice prelude to finals!

I think that score means very little considering they were the only div I corps at the show.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man... I hope SCV can pull through these last 7 days. I love their show this year and am surprised to see them at 7th right now. Maybe it's just that I'm a die-hard fan but after seeing them early season I expected them to be a contender.

man... I hope SCV can pull through these last 7 days. I love their show this year and am surprised to see them at 7th right now. Maybe it's just that I'm a die-hard fan but after seeing them early season I expected them to be a contender.

I never underestimate the Vanguard, especially FINALS WEEK !! (ALREADY !!!) b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

Current Standings as of August 4th, 2007:

BLUE: STANFORD, CA- 8/4

RED: TEMPE, AZ- 8/4

1) The Cadets: 95.125

2) Blue Devils: 94.825

3) The Cavaliers: 94.475

4) Phantom Regiment: 93.775

5) Carolina Crown: 92.725

6) Bluecoats: 92.075

7)Santa Clara Vanguard: 90.675 P-1.00

8) Blue Knights: 88.625

9) Boston Crusaders: 88.425

10) Colts: 85.775

11) Glassmen: 84.425

12) Spirit from JSU: 83.550

13) The Academy: 83.450

14) Blue Stars: 83.425

15) Crossmen: 81.900

16) Madison Scouts: 81.275

17) Cascades: 79.875

18) Troopers: 79.850

19) Pacific Crest: 79.750

20) Southwind:78.800

21) Mandarins: 77.100

22) Pioneer: 73.975

Edited by Backstrom

Current Standings as of August 4th, 2007:

BLUE: STANFORD, CA- 8/4

RED: TEMPE, AZ- 8/4

1) The Cadets: 95.125

2) Blue Devils: 94.825

3) The Cavaliers: 94.475

4) Phantom Regiment: 93.775

5) Carolina Crown: 92.725

6) Bluecoats: 92.075

7)Santa Clara Vanguard: 90.675

8) Blue Knights: 88.625

9) Boston Crusaders: 88.425

10) Colts: 85.775

11) Glassmen: 84.425

12) Spirit from JSU: 83.550

13) The Academy: 83.450

14) Blue Stars: 83.425

15) Crossmen: 81.900

16) Madison Scouts: 81.275

17) Cascades: 79.875

18) Troopers: 79.850

19) Pacific Crest: 79.750

20) Southwind:78.800

21) Mandarins: 77.100

22) Pioneer: 73.975

What great races, not only for Semis and Finals, but 8th, and 1st through 7th!

The 1-7 race should be a tad tighter since SCV was knocked with a penalty tonight. I heard some talk of a potential Crown penalty, but I'll have to check recaps when they put that up.

Mmm... just look at the standings now as compared to the first scores back in June. That's one tasty progression.

does anyone else feel a bit sorry for the kids at the bottom? it seems like every corp is having a good year. and it just seems confusing that many corps are remaining in the same place. i understand why, there's just something slightly off about it. a few weeks ago somebody mentioned that he was glad it means something to make finals again. heck, it means a lot to make semifinals now. and with the difficulty of holding a corp together. it means even more just to have a corp in the first place. i say surviving as a drumcorp means more than anything. this is like an epiphany for me, although i already knew all of this, it never really struck me so strongly

Edited by shaners

does anyone else feel a bit sorry for the kids at the bottom? it seems like every corp is having a good year. and it just seems confusing that many corps are remaining in the same place. i understand why, there's just something slightly off about it. a few weeks ago somebody mentioned that he was glad it means something to make finals again. heck, it means a lot to make semifinals now. and with the difficulty of holding a corp together. it means even more just to have a corp in the first place. i say surviving as a drumcorp means more than anything. this is like an epiphany for me, although i already knew all of this, it never really struck me so strongly

While I DO understand what you mean and what you are saying, I'm going to say I don't feel "sorry" for those corps or kids. Again, don't feel compelled to come in and explain what you meant by "a bit sorry" because you are correct. In todays drum corps world being at the bottom is akin to being non-existent in the next year as all the older near age-out members, or those with geographic challenges, may consider going with one of the top six corps.

I was fortunate to see Pioneer and Southwind this year, and they both have large, young talented corps. I think they (the members) have taken the product they've been given to work with (respectively) as far as they could this year, but the pace of improvement has been slower than others. Southwind has a quality drumline to build around for next year if they can keep them all together again, and they had some early season thrill as a corps beating Madison and staying at a reasonable pace with others for a bit. Troopers stalled, I guess, but in their first year back after an inactive year, they've done pretty darn good, too.

If these corps can keep their older members who still have 2 or 3 years eligibility left from taking their ability to Cavaliers or Cadets or Blue Devils next year, they may do pretty well.