Current Standings

Keep in mind that at Finals, when all the twelve best corps are together, scores will spread out some. If it weren't for that phenomenon I'd say BK would be a lock for 90, but when the judges have room to work with and are trying to rank 12 great corps, who knows how that will wind up.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that at Finals, when all the twelve best corps are together, scores will spread out some. If it weren't for that phenomenon I'd say BK would be a lock for 90, but when the judges have room to work with and are trying to rank 12 great corps, who knows how that will wind up.

BK is not being rewarded or being given anything, and I think they will end up with a 92+ at finals.. They are about to break 90, because that is what they deserve to do!!! There are going to be more corps that are going to be moving up in score instead of down. This season is so competitive that I do not think scores will spread out. They are going to be tight all the way throught finals night. By the argument that you're making we should be seeing SCV and BK have a much bigger gap between them now. Don't forget that SCV and BK are going on back to back every night and are very close in the captions. If BK wasn't at a similiar level, the judges would not have them beat SCV in Brass or in vis. or percussion like they have a few nights back. Give me a break!!! At this point in the year the judges are giving accurate scores that are deserved, not scores based off their thought of how to "space things out!" All of the corps have cleaned their product and have few more days to do so. There are no more secrets, and if corps A is performing well they will get a big score. This is why BK and possibly Boston will be above 90. They are much closer in performance level to SCV and Phantom than the corps below them.

My score projections/wish list for finals:

1) BD- 98.750

2) Bluecoats- 98.350

3) Cavies- 97.890

4) Cadets- 97.550

5) Crown- 96.025

6) SCV- 95.725

7) BK- 93.875

8) Phantom- 93.775

9. Boston- 91.500

10). Colts- 87.050

11) Glassmen- 86.525

12) Blue Stars- 86.275

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

BK is not being rewarded or being given anything, and I think they will end up with a 92+ at finals.. They are about to break 90, because that is what they deserve to do!!! There are going to be more corps that are going to be moving up in score instead of down. This season is so competitive that I do not think scores will spread out. They are going to be tight all the way throught finals night. By the argument that you're making we should be seeing SCV and BK have a much bigger gap between them now. Don't forget that SCV and BK are going on back to back every night and are very close in the captions. If BK wasn't at a similiar level, the judges would not have them beat SCV in Brass or in vis. or percussion like they have a few nights back. Give me a break!!! At this point in the year the judges are giving accurate scores that are deserved, not scores based off their thought of how to "space things out!" All of the corps have cleaned their product and have few more days to do so. There are no more secrets, and if corps A is performing well they will get a big score. This is why BK and possibly Boston will be above 90. They are much closer in performance level to SCV and Phantom than the corps below them.

1) BD- 98.750

2) Bluecoats- 98.350

3) Cavies- 97.890

4) Cadets- 97.550

5) Crown- 96.025

6) SCV- 95.725

7) BK- 93.875

8) Phantom- 93.775

9. Boston- 91.500

10). Colts- 87.050

11) Glassmen- 86.525

12) Blue Stars- 86.275

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Boston 2.2 behind Phantom? :blink:

1) BD- 98.750

2) Bluecoats- 98.350

3) Cavies- 97.890

4) Cadets- 97.550

5) Crown- 96.025

6) SCV- 95.725

7) BK- 93.875

8) Phantom- 93.775

9. Boston- 91.500

10). Colts- 87.050

11) Glassmen- 86.525

12) Blue Stars- 86.275

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Oh dear.....doesnt logic factor in at any time ?? Lets say your Blue Knights are scored at a 93.875, that mean there are only 6 points left and seven corps to award them points to...not - going - to - happen.

Blue Knights at quarters will get an 89.1 - 89.9 score, and will not peak at 93.

Season scores mean nothing once Quarters start, only ranking matters.

~G~

Oh dear.....doesnt logic factor in at any time ?? Lets say your Blue Knights are scored at a 93.875, that mean there are only 6 points left and seven corps to award them points to...not - going - to - happen.

Blue Knights at quarters will get an 89.1 - 89.9 score, and will not peak at 93.

Season scores mean nothing once Quarters start, only ranking matters.

~G~

Notice the words above my list scores that say wish list. :) Does that mean I think it is going to happen? maybe, maybe not, but I hope it does. All I know is that in the past years the Knights scores have been trending to do just what they are doing right now, go up. And guess what, their ranking during that time have gone up too. 2004- Quarters-11th Finals- 10th. Scores: went up slightly. In 2006: Quarters- 9th, Finals- 7th Scores- Increased every night as did ranking. 05- They stayed about the same, but I think that most people are far underestimating this corps and as I said before it is good to be the underdog, it has always served the corps well in the past. I stick by the prediction that they (BK) and most likely Boston will be above 90. You say that 93 is out of reach, well in '99 the top 7 were all above 92.5. I don't think this year will be any different. They are climbing for a reason, they are good. You'd be a pretty poor judge if you are scoring a corps at or above box 5 in numerous catagories and then you suddenly dropped all the scores down to box 4. That is more important than rankings, because the box criteria is what scores are about and is what determines placement. I don't care how it comes out really, except to say that I will buy the DVD's early this year and will loop it on my player for months!!! :)

Wes Perkins

ACADEMY continues to climb. With a 84.250 this evening their score (for the moment) elevates them above BLUE STARS and COLTS. PHOENIX DESERT CLASSIC, Satuday, August 4th should be thrilling top to bottom. Nice prelude to finals!

There's a predictions thread? I'd say this is as good a place as any to post predictions since most people will base their predictions off the current standings.... That's just me though.

There's a predictions thread? I'd say this is as good a place as any to post predictions since most people will base their predictions off the current standings.... That's just me though.

I would prefer that this thread be current standings only. I like to come in here and quickly find the standings. It's annoying to wade through all these predictions charts when that's not what I'm looking for.