"Historic" moments

I don't get what is so great about the Z pull. I saw it on youtube and wasn't that impressed.

You have to remember that the Z pull was in 1983....nothing like that had ever been done before....it was groundbreaking then.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember that the Z pull was in 1983....nothing like that had ever been done before....it was groundbreaking then.

I don't care WHAT year it is...that friggin' ruled.

SCV's opening drill looks very memorable to me. I think its something many will talk about. For those who haven't seen it, its old school symmetrical drill with crazy old school plates playing.

It rocks. B)

"On the field, from Casper WY... presenting their 2007 program..."

I know what all the references to "historic" moments are except the 95 Scouts. :( Would someone please explain?

I was thinking the whole show, or maybe all the standing ovations, considering we got a standing O just for entering the stadium. I could be biased...

the crazy dog running accross the field at the belding show when the blue stars were on the front sideline.

These all had that 5-10 year lifespan as I recall:

1984 Garfield...Z-pull in the closer goal-line to goal-line. Awesome.

1984 Troopers "Sunburst"...pick your year, I like it during Red Pony, thank you.

1985 SCV "the Tunnel"

1986 Cavaliers "Snake" (M&M during Drum Solo, repeated in 87)

1986 Garfield "Winding Box" in On the Waterfront

1987 Garfield "Solo Ballet", freeform company front, walk-off 'encore', George Zingali yelling "Put that in your pipe and smoke it!" at DCI East

1987 Regiment soprano fanfare with running 16ths

1987 Bluecoats snare feature

1988 VK; the red wigs, the Africans, the Statue of Liberty, the bullfight

1994 27th Lancers "Crown Imperial" & "Danny Boy"...WAYY UP THERE on this list. Better than 95 Scouts? Maybe :)

BTW: I liked the original poster's list, too.

here is a (sort of) historic moment.

..Cesario's bath in warm chocolate statement. :D

I think it was the year prior (94) that he made a comment about Crossman's "big balls" during one of the in-between breaks. (He was refering to props used in the show.) My mother was at the Finals simulcast and said she could tell that he and Rondinaro nearly cracked up over it--it was cut out of the actual broadcast/videos but he did say, with obvious joking emphasis, something about their large "spherical objects."

1990 Academie Musicale redefining individual demand and responsibility of the performer (Liberty Fanfare was simply off-the-CHAIN!). Setting the bar of what Div II could be.

Bridgemen...you pick the year...I'll go with '78.

Atlanta...84? Georgia on my Mind.

Empire Statesmen...the big flag (one good, one not so good)

bet i can think of a few more...