Fusion Core's letter to the drum corps community

The Fusion Core Organization is looking forward to a mutually beneficial and promising year within the DCA Circuit and wish to thank everyone one within the drum corps community for their well wishes and support. While the Fusion Core Administration and staff is comprised of persons from former drum corps or bands, everyone who is involved has chosen to participate out of their love for the sport as well as their common vision for the future of all-age drum corps. In no way is anyone’s participation a reflection of any other drum corps within the DCA Circuit. While each Corps has their own vision and artistic expression; good sportsmanship should always be at the forefront of the sport.

Fusion Core has in no way contacted any members of any other corps and asked them to participate in this new venture. However, we have been fortunate enough to have an overwhelming amount of interest from people within the drum corps community who share our philosophy of having a fun corps environment with a lighter schedule so we can focus more on family and our personal lives, while still participating in the activity we all love. When has drum corps become a sport wherein members can’t make choices as to where to express themselves and be a member? Within this community of unique individuals we should respect an individual’s right to choose.

Fusion Core’s goal is to bring members together in a structured environment to achieve common goals. We hope thru our musical and visual program to provide young adults with the opportunity to continue their musical and color guard/dance performance education in an atmosphere that fosters not only team work, mentoring and dedication, but also personal excellence.

Fusion Core welcomes musicians, aspiring musicians and guard performers who are at various levels of study and expertise. Information on our open house will be forthcoming shortly.

Thank you once again and Happy Holiday to all-

Fusion Core Managment

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the Govenaires, we welcome you with big smiles, and wish your corps only the best of luck. If you need some help, please feel free to ask, and we will do everything to try and help.

Hope to see Fusion Core this summer kickin @ss and taken names.

Good luck, and I O U A beer :mmm:

John Mayer

Govenaires

I have a question for you then. Please understand, this is not a personal atack on anyone, just a question.

After a few years of decline, the 2006 Skyliners were one of the smallest corps and lowest placements in Skyliners history. The corps directors, Ralph and Holly Marino, left the Skyliners after their 2006 season, and decided to start their own corps, Fusion Core.

Ralph and Holly did not start Fusion Core in their hometown, rather they decided to start it 3 hours away from them -- in the exact same town where the Skyliners rehearse.

Now, Fusion Core, is recruiting staff members by approaching the remaining Skyliners members, and offering them paid staff positions in their Fusion Core, which reheases in essentially the same place as the Skyliners.

I apologize if this offends anyone, as that is not my intent.

But my question is this -- Was Fusion Core simply started as an attempt to hurt or fold the New York Skyliners?

Can someone please answer this question?

Please understand, this is not an attempt to stir things up, I just want to understand why this is all happening, and why a long-time DCA corps finds itself the target of people who, at one point, deeply cared about it.

Lee, take it off line, this isn't the forum to air such discussions.

Lee,

We will be more than willing to sit down with you and the Skyliners administration at the rules congress meeting in January. We will not pursue this any further on the internet, I trust you should do the same.

Ralph & Holly Marino

Fusion Core

Ralph and Holly,

After what happened to the Skyliners over the last 3 years, Fusion Core should focus on Fusion Core.

Speaking poorly about the Skyliners while targeting their membership to get people to leave the for your new corps will severely hurt the Skyliners.

Edited by drumlaw80

Obviously in keeping with Festivus Traditions this is the Airing of the Grievances!

Hopefully it doesn't get to the feats of strength... :)