25 replies to this topic

#21 Brigadier80

Brigadier80

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I would even take standard DVD's of 13-25 corps from the 70's to 90's. I collected most of the 800 series corps specific videos and can attest to the quality of some of the shows. The Boston compilation from 82-94 is great as is the Troopers and Dutch Boy series. The only series I really wanted was the Crossmen. I believe that a high camera version of their '79' show was in their compilation. I transferred the 800 video series to DVD and my semi-finalist 75-89 audio collection to CD. The quality is good but I bet what DCI would put out would be considerably better. I have heard that many prelim tapes from the 70's were destroyed in a fire. There has to be collectors out there that could loan DCI the missing tapes to be re-mastered.

#22 N.E. Brigand

N.E. Brigand

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

High camera everything.

This. High camera for at least all 1980s and 1990s shows.

And as many have mentioned, non-finalist corps.

Amplification in drum corps is like trampolines in the high jump.

"For some the only glimpse. For some the awaking." - - J.R.R. Tolkien

"If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man." - - C.S. Lewis

"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it except the pleasure of seeing it." - - Adam Smith

Open Class 2014 Repertoires - - - - - Open Class 2014 Standings

#23 bdon15

bdon15

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I would even take standard DVD's of 13-25 corps from the 70's to 90's. I collected most of the 800 series corps specific videos and can attest to the quality of some of the shows. The Boston compilation from 82-94 is great as is the Troopers and Dutch Boy series. The only series I really wanted was the Crossmen. I believe that a high camera version of their '79' show was in their compilation. I transferred the 800 video series to DVD and my semi-finalist 75-89 audio collection to CD. The quality is good but I bet what DCI would put out would be considerably better. I have heard that many prelim tapes from the 70's were destroyed in a fire. There has to be collectors out there that could loan DCI the missing tapes to be re-mastered.

I would pay (dearly) for a good copy of 1980 prelims, specifically the 15th place corps that year.

Anyone have it?
-name used to go here
-location used to go here
-corps history used to go here

#24 CHRISP

CHRISP

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I would pay (dearly) for a good copy of 1980 prelims, specifically the 15th place corps that year.

Anyone have it?

I'm looking for the 16th place corps from that year.
Chris

Long Island Kingsmen, 27th Lancers, Bushwackers

#25 chris ncsu

chris ncsu

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Yes, online offerings of as many high-cams as possible, as well as pre-finals shows (quarters, semis, any regionals, etc.).

#26 1977Kingsmen

1977Kingsmen

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

I have to agree on the kobold recordings. These need to be offered sometime soon. There are so many recordings that he did that are extremely rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.