DCI Arkansas - Little Rock, AR

I think it was just a vehicle to pick a fight. An official show thread would have a really bad pun in the name like "Little Rock on the Prairie" or "Noah's Ark-ansas". That's how we know if it DCP Certified. :smile:

No, I was not trying toi pick a fight. I was just making an observation. Sorry if I offended anybody, I'm new at this and didn't realize there was some kind of protocol about the titles of the threads.

• Like 2

Officially, the forecast thru NWS Little Rock is a 30% chance of rain, high of 92 but sticky with heat indicies near 97. The hard part here is they just released a statement saying models were having a tough time with predictions for today saying storms will be in the area, just when and where is unknown at this time. Again, its like I've said many times, we have to wait to until the sun heats up the ground and storms start to fire this afternoon to know what/where we are looking at for rain. The Hattiesburg show is in the same boat, although its a 50% chance over there. The good news from what i'm seeing is any storm shouldn't just park over an area, should move thru a given area relatively quickly and widespread severe weather is not expected at either show. I'll check back in this afternoon with an update.

No, I was not trying toi pick a fight. I was just making an observation. Sorry if I offended anybody, I'm new at this and didn't realize there

was some kind of protocol about the titles of the threads.

Not a problem. Just a Little Rock-ing the boat with harmless intent.

• Like 1

WELL YA DON'T SAY? :silly:

Here I'll help the lil guy out.

DCI Arkansas

Wed, July 23, 2014 - 7:00 PM, War Memorial Stadium

Cascades

The Academy

Oregon Crusaders

Crossmen

Previous start times unspecified per fromthepressbox.com.

Blue Knights - 8:25

Boston Crusaders - 8:42

Bluecoats - 8:59

Carolina Crown - 9:16

The Cadets - 9:33

Judges are unlisted.

Housing sites per the corps websites:

The Cadets - Little Rock Central High School

Carolina Crown - Malvern High School

Bluecoats - Maumelle High School

Blue Knights - Unlisted

Boston Crusaders - Wilbur D. Mills High School

Crossmen - Lake Side High School

Oregon Crusaders - Unlisted

The Academy - Unlisted

Cascades - Unlisted

OC is at Cabot Sr. High - Cabot, Arkansas

Edited by luv4corps

Ok, who's going to be th first to predict the Bluecoats overtake the Cadets in Little Rock toinight? Since it's been a daily prediction by somebody since Akron.

I'll play! *wink*

http://youtu.be/F-t8PngHgWY

I'm really not liking the look of the radar right now.

You have a MCS approaching from the NW moving SW and another one on the other side of the state moving NE to SW...both seem to be converging on Little Rock. Inbetween the two there are scattered storms starting to pop up in response to the afternoon heating. A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect west, north and east of the Little rock area. Lots of energy in the atmosphere with increasing levels of Surface Based and Most Unstable CAPE (convective available potential energy) all over the northern half of AK. Temps will be getting more uncomfortable as the afternoon rolls one. Currently a dewpoint of 74 (sticky) and a temp of 90 make a Heat Index of 99 degrees. I expect dewpoints to go up a few more degrees before the afternoon is over as the crops in the area are greatly enhancing water in the air thru evapotransporation. Will update again in a bit

Too many rainouts and threats this summer. Way too many! I don't remember this many in recent years. There was a tornado threat once though. Kids had to hole up in locker rooms!

• Like 1

Ok, who's going to be th first to predict the Bluecoats overtake the Cadets in Little Rock toinight? Since it's been a daily prediction by somebody since Akron.

judges line up tonight. Any news.

Little Rock will under a large rain area soon without a doubt...my hope is it can get through before the show starts. We'll see.

As for the too many rainouts....I agree 100%.... but won't bore anyone with details as to why lol