What drives DCI World Class?

Simple question imo.

Is it the students, staffs, money, fans, ect ect, is it all of it?

Have not done this in awhile so bear with me.

Peace

$$$$$$$

Perc,

Thanks so much for posting the "Star of Indiana: Recollections" article. A very interesting read, and great for those who relish the history of the activity.

If the answer is money, let us look at this another way. Fans = money, students = money, sponsor's = money. staffs = EXPENSE, parent's = money, DCI = EXPENSE , alumni = money, is there anymore that I am missing?

Fixed those for you.

And yes, you missed show design/props/staff/arrangers/transportation/food/housing/and all the other spending=EXPENSE

Which money are we talking about here as the driver, revenue or expense, income or assets?

As mom to a boy who couldn't have cared less about sports, I'm just glad there was drum corps because it was a place my kid could unleash his passion and shine. Drum corps is an experience that only certain types of kids will and can have, so as long as there are band geeks (I say this oh so lovingly because my family is full of them) who want to get to the absolute top of their game, there will hopefully be drum corps.

As to what drives drum corps, it's kind of a chicken or egg type of question IMO. The question of what makes a champion is a different question.

• Like 4