Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

It's still the "everybody hop to the sideline" ending. Hopefully that changes by next Saturday.

I'm very okay with that. It's something I actually look forward to seeing in BD shows.

• Like 1

Meh. They might just roll with that.

Most likely. The rest of the show is phenomenal. The minor and subtle little changes work well too. I think they are going to have just enough to eek out #17 next Saturday. The show just seems so much more sophisticated than the rest of the competition.

• Like 1

Hope you're right.

Most likely. The rest of the show is phenomenal. The minor and subtle little changes work well too. I think they are going to have just enough to eek out #17 next Saturday. The show just seems so much more sophisticated than the rest of the competition.

Thanks for these updates.

it's a 4 horse race now. looks like BD is finally getting some Brass recognition. I predict they are going to start winning drums too.

• Like 1

it's a 4 horse race now. looks like BD is finally getting some Brass recognition. I predict they are going to start winning drums too.

Technically yes, but I think Coats is a long shot. They closed the gap, but still .7 of the leader even while placing 2nd in GE.

• Like 1

If they can pull first in drums they would be the odds on favorite.

This method seems to work amazingly well when you have a lot of experienced veterans in the corps (i.e. last year). It appears to take a bit longer to reach "perfection" when you have a lot of newer members (new to the system, not necessarily to drum corps...like this year).

Even vets have struggled to clean those rotating blocks, tho, and there've been some cringeworthy moments at finals. Not that BD's rotating blocks, which often change dimension as they rotate, are easy to master -- not at all. But it's noticeable.

They almost got drums or at least tied last night. My son said there was a wrong note right in front of the judge. They were only .1 down from cadets. their book is deceptively hard. Cadets are doing more raming but it's all loud and like a run on sentance. No dynamics.

I like Bluecoats drumline a lot.

• Like 1