Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

He won't and if he did I wold not tell.

I'm not hearing from him today so they must be pretty busy!

I am more excited right now if he decides to do his I&E combo he was gonna do. I really hope he does.

Of course they have something left. it's BD they always do. I am just really happy I get to see him online and he talks to me via text when he can.

All I'm gonna say right now is don't look back. BDB is on your tail!!!

• Like 3

Your son marches BD this year right? Maybe he can spill the beans to you if they do have something left.

Also i recall in 2010 BD debut the final piece to their closer at the Buffalo TOC.

It was not a TOC show. The other corps there were Boston, Troopers, Academy, Cascades, and Pioneer.

It was not a TOC show. The other corps there were Boston, Troopers, Academy, Cascades, and Pioneer.

I stand corrected. All still very good corps at that particular show though :)

I really hope they can do something about music analysis. That is the caption i am most concerned about this year.

Yeah they've been dinged on that all season. They're doing some very difficult stuff with regards to spacing and the ensemble.

• Like 1

I have a strong feeling they are up to something good. Tat hornline is amazing!

I Strongly second that.!!!!

Love the changes they've been making -- end of the closer is more effective than it was before, and it already set a pretty high bar.

Just me, though, or is it starting to become a trend for the end of BD's openers to be full of huge rotating/expanding/etc. blocks that're still dirty way late in the season? From "re:Rite" onward, I'd say -- *especially* "re:Rite," actually. Stresses me out. These aren't the kinds of drill moves whose difficulty BD gets credit for, on DCP, but they're very difficult and exposed, and the dirt is way too easy to notice and penalize them for.

Edited by saxfreq1128

They will get those blocks clean. After tonight they are off till Thursday night. I expect BD to be on fire come prelims. They know they are in a dogfight. We are going to learn alot about BD in the next six days. Everyone has a plan till you're punched in the mouth. BD has taken some uppercuts this season. We will now see what they are made of.

Love the changes they've been making -- end of the closer is more effective than it was before, and it already set a pretty high bar.

Just me, though, or is it starting to become a trend for the end of BD's openers to be full of huge rotating/expanding/etc. blocks that're still dirty way late in the season? From "re:Rite" onward, I'd say -- *especially* "re:Rite," actually. Stresses me out. These aren't the kinds of drill moves whose difficulty BD gets credit for, on DCP, but they're very difficult and exposed, and the dirt is way too easy to notice and penalize them for.

Good observation. Yeah, they have been doing that. They swing for the fences with the huge, very exposed rotating boxes. It doesn't get noticed by many because they think drill has to be moving at 220 bpm to be difficult. They've actually scaled back the crazy move at the end of the opener. It used to be 2 groups, three lines each in a "v" configuration and they both rotated from the bottom outward and spread out into that big arc. Now the group on the left is already in vertical lines and they swing out from there. One of the rare times I've seen them hose down the drill.

• Like 2