I have a problem. Maybe?

It seeeems like there's a big dead space in this time of year. Granted it's very much so the off-season, and the off-season was very exciting for the first little bit with the staff shufflings around. But some organizations similar to DCI, such as NBA or NFL (yes I know those examples are on a much higher scale), have found ways to keep their fans engaged all throughout the offseason.

So my question(s) is (are), is there a way to keep the engagement up during this dead time in between the end of the season and preseason activities/announcements? If there is a way, is this even a problem that needs fixing?

• Like 1

I follow BOA as much as DCI. I love it, and their webcasts are SUPER cheap this year, 40$ for the whole season. That'll tie you over into mid November. I'll send you info and a playlist I created for someone else that will give you an idea of what to expect if you are at all interested in that at all. And anyone else for that matter.

I know it doesn't really tie into something DCI can do or really answer your question totally but it falls under something that can satisfy similar things.

Edited by DrumManTx

I follow BOA as much as DCI. I love it, and their webcasts are SUPER cheap this year, 40$ for the whole season. That'll tie you over into mid November. I'll send you info and a playlist I created for someone else that will give you an idea of what to expect if you are at all interested in that at all. And anyone else for that matter.

I know it doesn't really tie into something DCI can do or really answer your question totally but it falls under something that can satisfy similar things.

I've seen a few shows, mostly Broken Arrow and Hebron, but I've never really followed along as the season progresses

So the schools are now teaching students to put the dollar sign after the amount. More new math that I need to brush up on.

Wait, what? No. I just got sucked into a black hole on Reddit about Verizon employees not believing there's a difference between .002 dollar and .002 cents. Don't tell me there's more nonsense to be had....

• Like 1

It's called "recovery time". Don't mess with it!

• Like 1

It seeeems like there's a big dead space in this time of year. Granted it's very much so the off-season, and the off-season was very exciting for the first little bit with the staff shufflings around. But some organizations similar to DCI, such as NBA or NFL (yes I know those examples are on a much higher scale), have found ways to keep their fans engaged all throughout the offseason.

So my question(s) is (are), is there a way to keep the engagement up during this dead time in between the end of the season and preseason activities/announcements? If there is a way, is this even a problem that needs fixing?

BOA/Your local band circuit in the fall, WGI in the winter.

• Like 1