Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

Lets descuss. I am lost for words on this one.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to remember it was the first time the judges have ever seen them. I was not there so I cant say if they derserved a better score but give it a few reads and the judges will credit them. just so happens those reads will be prelims and finals...should be interesting!

you have to remember it was the first time the judges have ever seen them. I was not there so I cant say if they derserved a better score but give it a few reads and the judges will credit them. just so happens those reads will be prelims and finals...should be interesting!

Hey, it's the same deal most non-East Coast corps go through every year although I also can't say too much as I wasn't there.

Hosed is too mild a term.

Perhaps......

Perhaps each individual judge didn't want to be the only one to have his score "stand out." The system works better than ticks, but judges are human and still need to feel validated.

Perhaps spectators don't know as much as judges do.

Perhaps they have to see them once and the reaction that it's caused here before it's OK to give them free access to all the boxes.

I donno'......I wasn't there....... but reading what I read here and seeing how the system works towards finals weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if Prelims finished: Bucs, Empire (even if Empire performs better), Hurcs, Kidsgrove (gotta' move them up a bit now that reaction sits in), Cabs, MBI and finals Empire, Bucs, (even if Bucs perform better) Kidsgrove (it's OK now), Hurcs (usually dropped at finals), MBI, Cabs (always dropped at finals).

Judging criteria is OBJECTIVE..... the score sheets are OBJECTIVE....the judges, as humans, are SUBJECTIVE in their OBJECTIVITY as well as tending to 1) let a full season of placement "box in" a caption, and 2) look for upsets when it's a small enough jump.

Joe

Without seeing a recap...it is difficult to believe that every judge was that far off to create a ten point gap from the top corps to Kidsgrove. That just doesnt seem possible, if they were that good.

Donny

Hey, it's the same deal most non-East Coast corps go through every year although I also can't say too much as I wasn't there.

Exactly. They are just REALLY far west. proabably makes more sense to say far east but whatever!

Good luck at finals, I think you guys have a good shot to win it!

Most of the judges have already seen all the other corps......the judges should comepare the nights performance, and score accordingly......first read BS doesn't cut it for me this late in the season. The question should have been, did the judges have the guts to give them the number they deserved?

I had Kidsgrove POINTS ahead of Bush, and could have easily taken Cabs or Hurcs.....

Perhaps......

Perhaps each individual judge didn't want to be the only one to have his score "stand out." The system works better than ticks, but judges are human and still need to feel validated.

Perhaps spectators don't know as much as judges do.

Perhaps they have to see them once and the reaction that it's caused here before it's OK to give them free access to all the boxes.

I donno'......I wasn't there....... but reading what I read here and seeing how the system works towards finals weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if Prelims finished: Bucs, Empire (even if Empire performs better), Hurcs, Kidsgrove (gotta' move them up a bit now that reaction sits in), Cabs, MBI and finals Empire, Bucs, (even if Bucs perform better) Kidsgrove (it's OK now), Hurcs (usually dropped at finals), MBI, Cabs (always dropped at finals).

Judging criteria is OBJECTIVE..... the score sheets are OBJECTIVE....the judges, as humans, are SUBJECTIVE in their OBJECTIVITY as well as tending to 1) let a full season of placement "box in" a caption, and 2) look for upsets when it's a small enough jump.

Joe

"Cab's Always Dropped at Finals":

Hold all calls!!!! :thumbup: Ladies and Gentlemen: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Elphaba

"Cab's Always Dropped at Finals":

Hold all calls!!!! :thumbup: Ladies and Gentlemen: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Elphaba

Yep....no kidding....no matter HOW good they are, they always go down at least 1 placement.......

Believe me,....IT SUCKS!!!!!

I hope it doesn't happen this year!!!!

LET'S GO HAWTHORNE!!!!!!