The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I make this observation every year at this time....there are some posters here on DCP who consistently predict BAC to come in 11th or 12th, despite the fact that the corps hasn't finished in this competitive territory since 1998. I don't know why this seems to be the pattern. Of course, I grant you that anything can happen.

Thus, I predict that Boston will finish closer to the 1st place than 12th.

Naturally, when and if they do, some genius here on DCP will proclaim that they finished higher only because someone else dropped.

Stock.

• Like 4

Teal Sound as a contender? :blink:

blink.gif Wait, What?

nm

Edited by BRASSO

Having not heard one note or seen one second of their 2012 production, that's quite insightful. Cavies did quite well with advent music. I think it's exciting to see what Cadets can do with it - there's so much to choose from.

I agree. There is so much The Cadets have to work VISUALLY and Guard wise regarding this Christmas music source material. I realize that it could be a risk... and bomb. But I see no reason at all that this couldn't work very well for The Cadets this summer either. If anybody can pull this off, its The Cadets. The staff there didn't just fall off a turnip truck when it comes to designing interesting shows.

Edited by BRASSO

I agree. There is so much The Cadets have to work VISUALLY and Guard wise regarding this Christmas music source material. I realize that it could be a risk... and bomb. But I see no reason at all that this couldn't work very well for The Cadets this summer either. If anybody can pull this off, its The Cadets. The staff there didn't just fall off a turnip truck when it comes to designing interesting shows.

I do believe that the Cadets will be better than some expect. I was at their last camp & they have a pretty high level of talent in both staff & membership. The theme may end up being a liability, time will tell. One thing for sure though, they are quitely working very hard in Johnstown to build something special. And don't forget, as most corps were moving in this past weekend, the Cadets already had one week of intense rehearsal under their belts! My wife & I are headed to Johnstown next week to spend four days with the corps...can't wait!

I do believe that the Cadets will be better than some expect. I was at their last camp & they have a pretty high level of talent in both staff & membership. The theme may end up being a liability, time will tell. One thing for sure though, they are quitely working very hard in Johnstown to build something special. And don't forget, as most corps were moving in this past weekend, the Cadets already had one week of intense rehearsal under their belts! My wife & I are headed to Johnstown next week to spend four days with the corps...can't wait!

The Cadets are one of the trifectas of The Cadevaliers ( phrase I coined ), so they are usually in the Top 3 most years. The last time The Cadets finished out of the Top 6 was in 1981, 31 years ago. So with the marching talent, and the staff talent at their disposal, they'll be right in the thick of things again this year imo, no matter what theme they utilize. Sounds like you and the Mrs. will be out to see them next week. If you're able to tape the practice and download it to watch and hear, I promise not to tell anyone. ' Have fun at their camp !

Edited by BRASSO

The Cadets can make giant planes on the field, ride around in fake taxis, and dress in goodwill clothes (for boogie woogie bugle boy)

IF any of you think for a second they can't make a Christmas show work---you out yo darned minds.

They made a show about nothing that wasn't supposed to make sense successful. (Juxta)

• Like 3

I make this observation every year at this time....there are some posters here on DCP who consistently predict BAC to come in 11th or 12th, despite the fact that the corps hasn't finished in this competitive territory since 1998. I don't know why this seems to be the pattern. Of course, I grant you that anything can happen.

Thus, I predict that Boston will finish closer to the 1st place than 12th.

Naturally, when and if they do, some genius here on DCP will proclaim that they finished higher only because someone else dropped.

Stock.

Don't get so upset over people expecting the corps that you marched to place low.

Stock gave you away.

Edited by mellophonium
  • Like 2

1.Cavaliers

2.Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Cadets

5. Carolina Crown

6. Bluecoats

7.SCV

8. Spirit of Atlanta

9. Madison Scouts

10.Blue Stars

11.Glassmen

12.Troopers

seems legit???

best brass- carolina crown

best percussion- cavaliers

best guard-phantom regiment

• Like 2

1.Cavaliers

2.Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Cadets

5. Carolina Crown

6. Bluecoats

7.SCV

8. Spirit of Atlanta

9. Madison Scouts

10.Blue Stars

11.Glassmen

12.Troopers

seems legit???

best brass- carolina crown

best percussion- cavaliers

best guard-phantom regiment

Sure, why not ? Boston's been predicted to finish 12th this year this week and 2 other posters similar to you have them failing to make Finals this year on this thread. Predictions are fun, especially in preseason, and anything is possible, and we can all look back in late August to see what eventually happened. ( But by then we're already into 2013 season predictions, and thats cool too... haha! ).

Edited by BRASSO