DCI 2012 Programs

Bah -- that was Wrath of Kahn not ST:TNG!

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it!

Firebird's been done to death -- maybe some music from ST:reboot? I've listened to some of that soundtrack and there's some good stuff there!

I see...

The 1993 show title was: The Next Generation. rolleyes.gif

They did manage to get some of ST VI's music in there too.

I happen to really like The Firebird Suite ( as you could probably infer by looking at my Avatar). It's been done to death because it's good. Stravinsky's music is going to be performed quite a lot this year for some reason... ( The Academy, Blue Knights, Spartans

I see...

The 1993 show title was: The Next Generation. rolleyes.gif

They did manage to get some of ST VI's music in there too.

I happen to really like The Firebird Suite ( as you could probably infer by looking at my Avatar). It's been done to death because it's good. Stravinsky's music is going to be performed quite a lot this year for some reason... ( The Academy, Blue Knights, Spartans

You're right about the NG stuff -- been a while since I listened to it. Didn't even remember that that was the show title doh.gif-- I guess I just think of it as the ST show. But I *do* remember the Wrath of Kahn stuff :-)

!

You're right about the NG stuff -- been a while since I listened to it. Didn't even remember that that was the show title doh.gif-- I guess I just think of it as the ST show. But I *do* remember the Wrath of Kahn stuff :-)

!

Yup, Horner is good.

In all fairness, VI had the ST cast, so you're correct too.

Released in the latest edition of Drum Corps World (A lot of this we already knew or guessed, but now it is official)

Blue Knights: "Infernal Dance/Berceuse/Finale" from The Firebird Suite - Igor Stravinsky

Spirit of Atlanta: "Luck Be A Lady" - Frank Loesser, "Harvest" - John Mackey, "Poker Face" - Stefani Germotta

Edited by FaustianMachine

Blue Knights: "Infernal Dance/Bedrceuse/Finale" from The Firebird Suite - Igor Stravinsky

Berceuse. No "d". It's French for "Lullaby." So, basically, BK is doing the end of Firebird, the last 12 minutes or so.

I love Stravinsky. I love The Firebird. But why does EVERY Firebird show have to include Infernal Dance and the Berceuse? The ballet is 45+ minutes long. There is SO MUCH good music in The Firebird that DCI has either barely touched (Cavies 97 comes to mind) or not touched at all...

"The Thirteen Enchanted Princesses"

"The Game with the Golden Apples"

"The Princesses' Round Dance"

"The Magic Carillon" (especially this!)

"Appearance of Kaschchei's monsters"

"Arrival of Kaschchei the Immortal"

...and yet EVERY Firebird show includes the Infernal Dance and Awakening of the Knights. Understandable, since those are the most popular parts and are the climax and denouement of the ballet. But still... I get why people are tired of hearing the same ol' same ol'.

• Like 1

Berceuse. No "d". It's French for "Lullaby." So, basically, BK is doing the end of Firebird, the last 12 minutes or so.

I love Stravinsky. I love The Firebird. But why does EVERY Firebird show have to include Infernal Dance and the Berceuse? The ballet is 45+ minutes long. There is SO MUCH good music in The Firebird that DCI has either barely touched (Cavies 97 comes to mind) or not touched at all...

"The Thirteen Enchanted Princesses"

"The Game with the Golden Apples"

"The Princesses' Round Dance"

"The Magic Carillon" (especially this!)

"Appearance of Kaschchei's monsters"

"Arrival of Kaschchei the Immortal"

...and yet EVERY Firebird show includes the Infernal Dance and Awakening of the Knights. Understandable, since those are the most popular parts and are the climax and denouement of the ballet. But still... I get why people are tired of hearing the same ol' same ol'.

Yes. It has been done thousands of times. The show designers are aware of that (Bocook, Sylvester, Hardimon, Prime...). I promise you've never heard Stravinsky like this.

• Like 1

Considering the only tune that is the same is Luck Be A Lady, nope they are different.