Spirit 2012

Maybe Sinatra's "Luck Be a Lady" will be an encore piece for them this year!!!

That'd be so cool, imo.

• Like 1

Maybe Sinatra's "Luck Be a Lady" will be an encore piece for them this year!!!

Are they going to use the same arrangement as 2005, or will they be using a new one?

Are they going to use the same arrangement as 2005, or will they be using a new one?

I would suspect a new one.

• 3 weeks later...

On an agenda to turn this thread around! Calling for all positive posters!

VEGAS BABY!!!! Woot Woot! This has me smiling. What a perfect show idea for them and follows last year in an awesome way.

Where is the rep list. I assume we will get GaGa's Pokerface, and I have heard they are doing Luck be Lady. What is the ballad? Something from Schifrin or Powell?

Besides Vanguard, Devils, and PR, this announcement excites me the most. Please play legit style on Luck!, no drum corps fake jazz, please.

KICK SOME ### SPIRIT

Actually Pokerface IS the ballad! Way cool arrangement!

I don't doubt that a bit. Though I would if you said "2011 Phantom". As much as people don't want to admit it, the standards for today's top 6 is much different than it was 9 or 10 years ago. Some will argue with that out of jealousy for their era of drum corps but again, lets call a spade a spade.

Even so, a corps in Spirit's tier makes a WISE move to take on a few hard working woodwind players who have....."extensive experience"...not as "brass players but.......AS MUSICIANS! Building (key word) a great foundation.

There were woodwind players in that corps, and there are still woodwind players in the brass line this year.

Actually Pokerface IS the ballad! Way cool arrangement!

I got to hear Spirit at their Memorial Day picnic and for only being in Spring Training for 4 days--they sound fantastic! The new Yamaha horns do make a difference. The Opener is straight in-your-face Vegas style show music and the ballad (yes, Pokerface) is luscious. Luck Be A Lady screams Sinatra with a Spirit twist.

This is going to be another surprising year for Spirit!

• 4 weeks later...

Thought Spirit should get some love after last nights show. :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

Thought Spirit should get some love after last nights show. :thumbs-up:

I was just thinking about doing the same thing. 0.1 down from Madison. Way cool!!!

Repost from 6.14.12

Just got back from watching Spirit this evening.

They have a portion of the closer done and are working to finish it.

Sin City is a solid show. Loads of content in all captions. They'll be in Finals and possibly move up a spot or two. There's a lot of dirt but when, not if, they get this show cleaned up - it's going to be 1 of the top fan favorites. Great show Spirit! :smile:

* On a side note: I spoke with 1 of the dm's, Devin, and I'd like to take a moment to say that she's one of the nicest most delightful young ladies that I've spoken with in a long time. What an outstanding representative of Spirit this young lady is. I also spoke with several of the staff members and found every one of them friendly, positive, and professional. The amount of positive energy I felt at their rehearsal was amazing. Well Done! :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

Keep it up, Spirit! We are pulling for you! Cannot wait to see y'all when y'all come home to ATL in July.