Spirit 2012

Spirit is in my neighborhood next week. looking forward to catching them in action.

plus it'd be nice to see Scott and Jude

They are making changes and adding stuff today. Their frequency of effects is already far above most of the corps around them. I am even more excited to see them in Atlanta.

saw it yesterday at rehearsal. good stuff. staff giving great feedback, kids taking it well.

it's in the kids hands....if they sell it, they will own the crowd, scores be ######

• Like 1

Cool show from a great corps this year! I honestly think this show is really close to their old style of show, and it's great to see them going back to their old identity, while still staying pretty competitive. Maybe next year we'll see them in the TOC?

• Like 1

Bump.

Anyone have any new info to share? All I hear is they are working really hard getting ready for Prelims.

Go Spirit!!! <(

Two friends on staff and vets who are already in town said tonight's run was awesome! Said the confidence level was off the hook.

Was told there were about ten changes/alterations based on judge input and design team plans. I am excited for this corps. 17th place just two years ago.

Think SOA, along with Crown, BD, SCV, and Crossmen are the headliners of this year's season. Even with just an OK performance (though I do NOT expect that to happen), anything less

than 10th place would be a disjustice to the system, and a huge black eye to Cesario's statements about the purpose of the new sheets and the recognition of entertaining, yet competitive and accessible drum corps. Best of luck SOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by yellvanguard
  • Like 2

Think SOA, along with Crown, BD, SCV, and Crossmen are the headliners of this year's season. Even with just an OK performance (though I do NOT expect that to happen), anything less

than 10th place would be a disjustice to the system, and a huge black eye to Cesario's statements about the purpose of the new sheets and the recognition of entertaining, yet competitive and accessible drum corps. Best of luck SOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably will see:

SOA clearly in 10th, though I think their overall show stronger than Scouts

BD in first

Crown a close 2nd

SCV 5th

Crossmen, I would like 12th but we will see. Unless there have been a lot of positive changes, I would prefer Stars in 11th, Crossmen 12th, and BK 13th.

I would have to second all of the above quoted post and add Pacific Crest and OC to the mix of headliners.

Edited by tigger2

Probably will see:

SOA clearly in 10th, though I think their overall show stronger than Scouts

BD in first

Crown a close 2nd

SCV 5th

Crossmen, I would like 12th but we will see. Unless there have been a lot of positive changes, I would prefer Stars in 11th, Crossmen 12th, and BK 13th.

I would have to second all of the above quoted post and add Pacific Crest and OC to the mix of headliners.

Really? How can you honestly and objectively think their show is better than the Scouts? First of all, their visual difficulty can not even compare to The Scouts' program. Secondly, their difficulty of music is not even in the same.ballpark with the Scouts' book. The bottom line is this, if Spirit would like to move up into the category of competition with the next tier of corps like Boston, Scouts and Cavaliers, they better come out with a more difficult musical book and a more difficult visual program next year. Their visual program was not even as strong as Blue Stars. Let alone Scouts, Boston or Cavies.

• Like 1