Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

3 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Looks like part one (first 5ish minutes) has leaked. You can find it if you look for it. Since their sneak peak event is near I'll wait afterward and share the link to those curious. 

Internet: 2. DCI: 0. 

• Like 1

First few bars are straight out of '76 in the perc. Guess which :pirate:

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 4

Lemme just say that the number of notes they're playing this year is ridiculous. I hope they will maintain their trend of melodic shows with the latter half of their show this year 

• Like 2

The Flight of the bumble bee is off the hook... yes i do believe they are taking the melodic route this time around and onward.. Well it seem so to me. but you know how they are, will just switch on us the following year, you never know. but yes the melodic sound coming out of them is fantastic Amaaaaaaaazzzzzzing!

Thank You gabe211

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

I also heard a hint of 04 And some other quotes in the opener.  Not sure what you guys heard but I was treated with a sample of April camp audio today.  I was denied a copy. lol

Bumble bee yes but man ohhhh man what a jazzy ballad!  WOW!

Zach went over to Tommy Igo's for a drum lesson.  He is such a tasty drummer and quite a good guitar player too!  Really nice guy.

Can't wait to hear them play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flammaster said:

I also heard a hint of 04 And some other quotes in the opener.  Not sure what you guys heard but I was treated with a sample of April camp audio today.  I was denied a copy. lol

Zach went over to Tommy Igo's for a drum lesson.  He is such a tasty drummer and quite a good guitar player too!  Really nice guy.

I am beyond jealous you've heard the ballad already. After the past few years, BD's ballads are becoming my favorite moments of every season

• Like 5

17 hours ago, flammaster said:

How accurate was the report about the ballad being similar to Great Gig in the Sky from Bloo last season?

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

How accurate was the report about the ballad being similar to Great Gig in the Sky from Bloo last season?

Not one bit accurate!  IMO that ballad they did did not go with that show even slightly!  It was done well but Pink Floyd with Indian music?  

Think small jazz night club.  They are doing a ...you'll see by this weekend.  

It's got some incredible trumpet work and a trombone soloist.  Zach's drum set playing is very tasty also.

Not sure what the pit and battery are doing.  The recording I heard was from April camp.  I am sure they will have everything except closer by Friday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am beyond jealous you've heard the ballad already. After the past few years, BD's ballads are becoming my favorite moments of every season

This one so far is a bit different in that its not a big brass piece but rather ...cozy.

Rumor has it that Phantom's 2016 mello soloists and another 6 PR alums are with B.D. this season. That means 1/10 of their hornline is Regiment alum! Hope they have a gas!