Blue Devils 2018

On 6/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, Chief Guns said:

I met a guy who didn't like Felliniesque because BD performed it. He said if any other corps had did that show, he would have been throwing babies maximum distance. But because it was BD and they was going to win, he didn't like it. 

I love Fellini and Rota but this show ranks second to INK to me.  2018 I think could very well be their new top show. Who knows but I love what I have seen so far and extrapolating what the props might end up being I think this show will be a full scale production moving into a real theatrical design concept. I will have a better understanding how they stack up against Vanguard because I feel they are going to be very good this year. So far my end of season predictions of the next year have been fairly accurate.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 6:17 PM, skevinp said:

La voce della luna tunes

I just saw that Fellini for the first time! And thought of BD of course. 

On 6/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, cowtown said:

I generally agree with your opinion and would credit Crown, for better or worse, with popularizing body movement

Crown definitely influential for a certain kind of body. BD does a lot of body, too, but theirs tends to be slightly less tacky than Crown’s,  for me — just a preference.  I think Crown’s M.O. tends to be excess, and in the case of brass writing that works extremely well for them, but in the case of body .... It often looks goofy and extraneous. 

BD’s better at the theater of it all. I think the ideal body is what BD gave us a taste of last year during their first giant hit, where the body really just amounted to posing, leaning, or lingering on a drill count, but woven seamlessly into the drill. Not dancing, just making it feel like a part of their marching. I loved that. The bumblee stuff.............. not as much. 

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to seeing this seasons BD production as much if not more than Blooo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Get it before it gets taken down... 

Nice! When I hear things like this there are times that, just once, I'd like to hear it on (well-tuned) G horns...just to see/hear....

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Get it before it gets taken down... 

Yes yes yes music to my ears

Di it up, Devs. Good Luck this season.

I just have to say that Brian Dinkel's writing for the pit is amazing.  He is a really nice guy too.

Man that Ballad just does me in!