The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

I’m not so sure that will be the attitude in the stands

I’m not sure that will be my attitude

More needs to happen; more time needs to pass so we’ll see

the borg needs to stop being the borg

The Borg doesn’t have the creator of the hive mindset any longer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

...the Hop is gone (had to finish the rhyme)

I was hoping to see a statement from dci officially banning him 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So this probation is not double-secret.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I'm a programmer / systems guy professionally, so I'm always looking for the thing that could go wrong. Thus, my continual pessimism. 

You must've studied and learned Murphy's Law in your undergrad studies, no ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

I'm still pessimistic that the organization will survive - just being realistic. But, this direction does give them a fighting chance to make it. This will be a battle fought by the leadership and new board, the performers will have no impact on that battle. Hopefully they can stay focused and put out a great show this year. It's very wise to do a financial review and make sure that a successful season is possible. It looks like they're doing things right. IMO, the biggest potential peril is that donations dry up. Not because alumni, I assume they're the greatest source of donations, don't support the organization, but if lawsuits happen people don't want to donate money to help pay off lawsuits, they want to support the corps. That's my analysis from the outside. Hope they make it, killing the current BoD is the best move I've seen so far.

From reading Facebook for 10 minutes I’ve seen several thousand dollars sent in today. That’s just people I know. I expect their best donations year ever

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Engineers are the same way. 

Mortgage guys too

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You mean he’d show up at an event?  Holy crap.  There would be some major league heckling. 

After bashing a competitor band circuit on his blog he went to JBC to watch their championships

Dcas statement:

“DCA has recently learned of the troubling allegations made against a former director of a national drum corps.  In light of these allegations, DCA, will continue to monitor its policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all persons participating  in, or associated with, DCA.”

I expected more 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Daave said:

"The terms of the probation include multiple steps for YEA! to take in order for its drum corps to participate in the upcoming 2018 DCI Summer Tour."

It then lays out all of the steps. 

That reads to me that they have a very short time to get these things accomplished.  2 Months?

If he left them in a bad way financially, this may be the hardest.

The YEA! organization must also submit a comprehensive financial plan and budget that clearly demonstrates its ability to participate successfully in the 2018 DCI Summer Tour while providing a safe and quality experience to its member students.

One of the things I find interesting is while it clearly lays out that these things must be accomplished in order tour this summer, there is no date to comply listed in the article.  For the sake of discussion, let just say YEA was told June 1, 2018 as that date.  The article provides no other options other than comply or no participation.  That puts many people in a no win situation... from the membership, to parents, staff, bus and food contracts, and on and on.  Whether by design or not, it truly puts the onus on this new board to act quickly and appropriately.