The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI HQ level....' agreed Dan Acheson probably could not act alone. But 'never really believed that DCI HQ however ever needed the vote of member corps in order to impose penalties, sanctions on Corps that failed to follow DCI rules. And 'gave examples where DCI HQ imposed suspensions on Corps before with non compliance, that had me believe this. Today, DCI HQ level imposed a probation upon a Corps that DCI HQ believed was in  non compliance, and no vote outside of DCI HQ's Board was required for such disciplinary penalty.

Did DCI call it a "disciplinary penalty"?

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI HQ level... Agreed Dan Acheson probably could not act alone. But never really believed that DCI HQ, however, ever needed the vote of member corps in order to impose penalties, sanctions on Corps that failed to follow DCI rules. And gave examples where DCI HQ imposed suspensions on Corps before that DCI HQ believed was in non-compliance, that had me believe this. Today, DCI HQ level imposed a probation upon a Corps that DCI HQ believed was in non compliance, and no vote outside of DCI HQ's Board was required for such a disciplinary penalty.

Well, maybe the point of misunderstanding has been the term "DCI HQ". I think many readers would mean that to be the people who work in DCI's offices, including Dan Acheson. The DCI board, to whom Acheson reports, does not. (And the board includes representatives from several corps.) But it's not a very important argument, is it?

30 minutes ago, JMS1995 said:

The "code of conduct" is no longer capitalized... but is there an actual written code of conduct?  Again until seeing this, I'm unsure of what they are asking everyone to adhere to specifically.  Fore example, they indicate that they prohibit discrimination.  This is false. They openly condone discrimination by allowing the Scouts and Cavies to deny women access to auditioning for those corps.

As a golfer, I jumped.  Maybe JMS wanted to say "for".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Did DCI call it a "disciplinary penalty"?

if it walks like a duck. quacks like a duck...

Nobody is going to try and  make the case that a probation is not a ' disciplinary penalty " ,skevinp,.. in any endeavor... so I'm not sure what your point really is and where you'd like to go with this... lol!.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, maybe the point of misunderstanding has been the term "DCI HQ". I think many readers would mean that to be the people who work in DCI's offices, including Dan Acheson. The DCI board, to whom Acheson reports, does not. (And the board includes representatives from several corps.) But it's not a very important argument, is it?

Yup.. no biggee.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That’s not been the misunder...

oh crap. Not doing it. 

I wonder why DCI didn’t just give the Cadets a copy of DCI’s harassment policy?

I know of a corps who was placed on probation because their food program was subpar.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I know of a corps who was placed on probation because their food program was subpar.

Waffles.

• Like 1