2018 HYPE

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I always love when Troopers have a great season as do most drum corps fans, but I’ll bet the corps they pushed out of finals in 1979, 85, 86, and 2009 probably weren’t thrilled with Troopers having a great season!:lle:

Ha Ha!  Touche  :whip:

My general thoughts:

Blue Devils - Down

Santa Clara - Even/Up

Crown - Even/Up

Cavies - Even/Down

Bluecoats - Even/Up

Boston - Even/Down

Cadets - Even/Up

BK - Down/Even

Regiment - Down

Blue Stars - Down

Crossmen - Even/Up

Madison - Up

Mandarins - Up & in finals

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

I always feel like with the Blue Devils their " down " is " up ".

BD's " down " is usually just the color of the medal they'll get... thats all. ( lol)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I always feel like with the Blue Devils their " down " is " up ".

BD's " down " is usually just the color of the medal they'll get... thats all. ( lol)

This is so true.

6 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

My general thoughts:

Blue Devils - Down

Santa Clara - Even/Up

Crown - Even/Up

Cavies - Even/Down

Bluecoats - Even/Up

Boston - Even/Down

Cadets - Even/Up

BK - Down/Even

Regiment - Down

Blue Stars - Down

Crossmen - Even/Up

Madison - Up

So if BD is down (1 of only 3 straight down corps)and SCV and Crown stay even, Cavies are down,  BAC, Cadets and BK stay even, Phantom, Blue Stars are down, Madison and Mandarins are up (the only ones straight up); does this mean Madison can or will win it?  Maybe Mandarins?  This is confusing.. I think;  but I'm not sure.

where is the prediction thread?  corps are announcing shows, ST's have begun for some.  the season is underway.  It has been a long excruciatingly quiet off season except for...well, you know.  

This is my first real post here since last season... random thoughts/hype. really random...

-Boston:  REALLY not sure if they can top last year.  A 6 ranking jump?!?  Crazy, am I right?!?... Their design and budget really helped them acquire the show and talent.  Let's see if they can keep it up! (I hope they do!)

-Madison:  I'm sorry, I'm not too blown away that they have a female soloist.  They feature members and screamers all the time (it's kind of what they're known for).  Why would I think that the gender of a soloist would help their show or competitive edge?...  I'm sure the show will be good on its own merits of course, but I'm not feeling the head rush over it quite yet.

-Cavies:  Let's see what they can do!  The crowd and judges have been looking for a reason to back the boys in green for a while now.  Last few years have been amazing!  I hope to see them medal this year!

-Cadets:  I know people on the staff and member side of the organization... They seem resilient and are determined to change the narrative of their current home...  I've been around a couple corps during internal distress, and it can REALLY take a toll on the day-to-day life as a member.  OR, it can strengthen them and drive them... we'll see...

-Colts:  I'm a bit biased, but the Colts have REALLY been knocking since 2014 for a finalist slot.  I really don't know anything special about this show design, but I know the team in Iowa, and they sure as hell aren't going to down in the ranks anytime soon.

-Phantom:  I've been underwhelmed with their designs since 2015.  Hopefully they can find a way to stick out of the crowd.

-Mandarins:  Let's see if they can maintain the high!  I was seriously underwhelmed with Academy last year after an amazing 2016. Hopefully Mandarins don't fall into the same groove.

-Pioneer: I honestly feel like Pio has gotten the rotten end of many deals in recent years.  I'm not sure how their number are looking this year, but I sincerely hope that the community starts giving them more credit for their work... always excited to see what they do next.

Honestly, these are just random thoughts.  I recently relocated to the west coast from the Midwest, so my spidey senses are all out of sorts...

19 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

My general thoughts:

Blue Devils - Down

Santa Clara - Even/Up

Crown - Even/Up

Cavies - Even/Down

Bluecoats - Even/Up

Boston - Even/Down

Cadets - Even/Up

BK - Down/Even

Regiment - Down

Blue Stars - Down

Crossmen - Even/Up

Madison - Up

Funny, I was thinking of it in the same way (up/down, +/-), but with some different assessments.  

On 5/8/2018 at 5:14 PM, Jeff Ream said:

whoever scores highest wins

still

4 hours ago, Ediker said:

Right, but no one is scoring now, so we are doing the best we can.  

Ok also whoever has the least amount of bad PR

• Haha 2