Belton, TX - July 19, 2018

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

No but looking forward to that 4k HD comes with a better audio codex as well. Hope it's not just finals week, you know where most of us will be.

Well I just read some more info about them...What I really LIKE about this company Box5 media is that...

"Every person that works with BOX5 Media has been a member of; or taught; marching band, concert band, color guard, drum corps and / or a dance team.  We know the pageantry arts, inside and out, we live and breathe to support the pageantry arts."

of course this is a HUGE promise...

"Featuring our award winning audio each of our productions are directed and filmed by musicians.  We know what you want to see and why you want to see it."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well I just read some more info about them...What I really LIKE about this company Box5 media is that...

From what I can tell DCA backed into using BOX5 so they have a media package to offer. DCA has not had any media to sell the last 3 years due to some copy write violations. BOX5 is known in the college band circles and I have heard only good things about their product. We will see how their streaming stacks up soon.

No scores tonight?

1 minute ago, patrick643 said:

No scores tonight?

guess you didn't get the memo....lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, patrick643 said:

No scores tonight?

No just judges commentary for the corps 

2 minutes ago, patrick643 said:

No scores tonight?

no scores either show

3 minutes ago, patrick643 said:

No scores tonight?

'Turns out it was an 11 way tie for both 1st and last place in Belton earlier tonite

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Turns out it was an 11 way tie for both 1st and last place in Belton earlier tonite

Any word how they will handle Katy tomorrow. Forecast is for the high 90's but the Houston area experiences the worst humidity in Texas, safety first!

6 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm a North Indiana boy.  Growing up, something got holes in the knees to the point the iron on patches wouldn't hold anymore, you just threw your favorite shorts over and cut the legs.  Leftover bits went to the rag pile.  Sweats, jeans, khakis, even dress pants.  

MY son would sew the one end of the legs to make stick bags .... #drummer mentality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brassboy said:

I hope the announcer just plants it in the middle of the track and shouts the announcement into the stands.

LOL... I did that at a show once.

Microphone was out for one corps.... I stood at about the 50-yard line, apologized for the audio situation, and basically shouted the corps' intro.

Then some wise guy at about the 20-yard line yelled out, "I can't hear you!!!"  :doh:

So... I trotted down closer to him and said "Sir... buy a better ticket next year so you can!!!"  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5