HOW SAD!

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

And how many DECADES did the West coast -- you know...the one with 29 titles in all divisions since 1972 ($1 to Pee Wee) -- had NO DCI SHOWS AFTER THE SAME TIME EACH SEASON!!

And keep in mind that for the NEXT DECADE we'll be the same boat as before.

I'm SO tired of people of the east side of the Rockies #####ing and moaning about coming out here for ONE FREAKIN' SEASON!!!!

The West gets end of season shows for one season out of 35.....####### get over it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm SO tired of people of the east side of the Rockies #####ing and moaning about coming out here for ONE FREAKIN' SEASON!!!!

I'm not complaining about it....I'm looking forward to it! Don't let the complainer from this post represent all of us! I feel bad for all the folks on or near the west coast that never get to see shows in August when corps are at amazing levels! I can't wait to get to the Rose Bowl next month....

I guarantee the easterners who complain are the minority. Anyone who complains because DCI Championships has been west of the Rockies exactly ZERO times before this year is off their rocker. IMHO. I for one can not wait to get to California! B)

Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi.jpg

(Click) NO Soup for you!!!

b**bs Good one!

Seriously though, I'm glad for the West Coast that they're getting to have finals out there. Give it a rest people... :music:

Edited by Lancerlady

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Just think of some of the great shows that extended into July and August, such as the U. S Open, World Open, CYO Nationals,

VFW Nationals, American Legion Nationals.

We could even extend the Circuit Championships. NY/NJ Champions, NJ/Penn Champions, Eastern Mass. Champions, Boston CYO Champions, Mayflowers Champions, and all the Circuit Championships in Conn. and the midwest into early Sept. I remember marching in a show in October, yes that is right, October!!

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

I would rather sit in the old Roosevelt Stadium on a hot August afternoon, and watch 6 of the top Juniors, and 6 of the top Seniors,

and not know who was going to win.

Now we all now the "slotting" is in place, why buy a ticket, when nothing changes.

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

Believe me. This is better the WWE!!!!

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

Sorry man, but what is your problem? Seriously?

Whatever, it's one stinkin' year, then the midbest gets finals for a long time, where they should be. A nice central location for everyone to converge upon.

Neutral Novice:

"MAN", I don't know what your problem is? I would rather spend $ 850.00 per person and fly to Punta Cana, D. R. and be waited on like I was a king, and enjoy all the comforts of a 5 star Hotel. By the way this includes airfare, hotel, and all the food and liquor for the week. You don't open your wallet once you get there.

I hope you all enjoy the freeways of Southern Calif, and the high cost of gas and rental of a car, as I sit and relax, and enjoy the glorious beaches of the D.R.

and you sit in traffic!!

By the way "Man" went out in the 60's when there were "hippie coffee shops" in Harvard Square in Cambridge, and everyone was against the war in Vietnam, I guess some things never change because here we are 40 yeers later, and some great young kids are losing there life over gas that is $3.00 a gallon.

Think about it, there is more to life, than Chicago beating Garfield, or SCV beating BD's.

"Just thinking of the good old days1"

CODI

This is the first time I won't have to fly to the Championships. :music:

I'll be driving, as per MapQuest (Nor. California to So. Cal) Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 360 miles

and not even leave the state.

If I take our beautiful Coast Highway 101 down, it may take a little longer... B)

Codi... guess you're not out here for the All Star Game.

Edited by PhillyDCIMontreal

Okay, have fun.

EDIT: That was directed to CODI, not you, PhillyDCIMontreal. Though you are also invited to have fun!

Edited by The Nagging Cough!