lolcorps

860408631_3795299353.jpg

:worthy:

Thread over. Should go close now. :worthy:

42!

Seriously though, what's up with that?

This is from WGI 2006. It is Dartmouth High School, who came in second in Scholastic World. The show is "What it means to be human." Each section started as a different color, but eventually the outer layer would be removed and everyone looked the same, indicating that "We are all the same on the inside." That center tenor currently marches in the Cadets tenor line.

This is from WGI 2006. It is Dartmouth High School, who came in second in Scholastic World. The show is "What it means to be human." Each section started as a different color, but eventually the outer layer would be removed and everyone looked the same, indicating that "We are all the same on the inside." That center tenor currently marches in the Cadets tenor line.

Yep, you pretty much got it. That's my old high school, which Tom Aungst has been writing for and teaching since the early 1990s. All the sections started as different skin tones as they described the outer layers and obvious traits/developments of humans (birth, crawling, walking, playing, fighting, etc), and then they all changed costumes and depicted the inner workings and emotions of humans (love, anxiety, hatred, heartbreak, etc), thus "what it means to be human." The people in the body bags are the extras/dancers, and those body bags were a great effect once they all took them off during the "we are all the same on the inside" portion of the show after the fighting/segregation sequence (the replacement costumes were supposed to represent the inside of the body, such as muscles, organs, etc.).

I'm glad I got to use it in this thread, because whenever I look at that picture I do genuinely think "WTF?!?!" lol

Edit: The center tenor went on to march snare his senior year (which he had marched his freshman year as well) and graduated from high school this year and is one off center in the Cadets tenor line. One of the other snares is marching one off center at Spartans (and I'm sure will be at the Cadets in a few years). One of the tenors is marching Spartans, and one of the other snare drummers is marching Spartans bass line. There are a few in the pit that have marched ECJ/Spartans as well, I think... I don't know, I'm too far removed from the program nowadays.

Edited by Musicman1084

Didn't Boston do the opposite in 2003? I believe at one point they had 15 snares on the field just pop out of nowhere.

By nowhere you mean front sideline...

yes.

+ it was REALLY used gym sock from an ogre with toe fungus dirty at finals...maybe not that bad....but still....it was dirty.

Edited by 4MalletJim

Yep, you pretty much got it. That's my old high school, which Tom Aungst has been writing for and teaching since the early 1990s. All the sections started as different skin tones as they described the outer layers and obvious traits/developments of humans (birth, crawling, walking, playing, fighting, etc), and then they all changed costumes and depicted the inner workings and emotions of humans (love, anxiety, hatred, heartbreak, etc), thus "what it means to be human." The people in the body bags are the extras/dancers, and those body bags were a great effect once they all took them off during the "we are all the same on the inside" portion of the show after the fighting/segregation sequence (the replacement costumes were supposed to represent the inside of the body, such as muscles, organs, etc.).

I'm glad I got to use it in this thread, because whenever I look at that picture I do genuinely think "WTF?!?!" lol

Edit: The center tenor went on to march snare his senior year (which he had marched his freshman year as well) and graduated from high school this year and is one off center in the Cadets tenor line. One of the other snares is marching one off center at Spartans (and I'm sure will be at the Cadets in a few years). One of the tenors is marching Spartans, and one of the other snare drummers is marching Spartans bass line. There are a few in the pit that have marched ECJ/Spartans as well, I think... I don't know, I'm too far removed from the program nowadays.

Major love to Dartmouth <3 :worthy: I'm from Barnstable, so I have been able follow them somewhat closely over the last few years while marching WGI/NESBA. I always couldn't wait for NESBA finals so I could see them from the front! ^OO^

Edited by Dir_en_X