Favorite Drum Corps Meal

I know this topic always comes up, but all these threads are killing me....

My favorite meal on Miss Amana is it's famous Chicken Broccoli. Sticks to the ribs and keeps you fueled for a long time.

I loved the food on Miss Amana, and if for any reason you didn't like what was being served or were still hungry you can always turn to old faithful ...PB&J = all you can eat!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every corps has its horror stories and juicy food tales. for us it was Halfsies in 83 and ham in 84. I won't go into them here because I've posted them before. But we ate pretty good, and yes, we also had PB and J for them as wanted it, too. And my final meal with the corps was, get this, STEAK. They promised us steak and all the trimmings if we made Top 25 in 88, and we finished 23rd. Pass the A1, please. And butter my spuds.

i know for the cavaliers exploding chicken is a hit.

Taco salad, chicken sandwiches, meatloaf (only on rainy days though), and meatball sandwiches.

Our cook staff made a pretty mean ham as well...However a meal of country ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and stuffing on a 95 degree day before a show puts a hurt on. I remember laying in the school during SSSSS time thinking "mother of god".

In 2005, we were in San Antonio and one of the pit members parents were there, and they provided tortillas and pico de gallo with chicken and steak and beans for a dinner ... lets just say ... I ate WAY too much and was definetly regretting it after a nice 5 hour block on the concrete lot. Ouuuch. But it was AMAZING

At Boston. I used to love some "Sader Stew"!!!!!

At Cadets. We seemed to eat really good so I would have to say all of it. I can only remeber one bad meal. And that was hot dogs and baked beans at "Every Days". And that was only bad cause it was lunch and afterwards the brass staff had us for sectionals. We did a lot of running that day. Not fun. Of course we had more choices. But who can resist a hot dog. :rolleyes: