Your Prayers Are Needed.....Please

Fran & Barbara

You are both very special people and all of us here on Long Island are keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers! Thank you for taking the time to keep all of your extended family updated with Barbara's progress.

Donnie & Sue

Golden Eagles

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again to all....

First of all, THANK YOU and God bless you all for sharing your thoughts and keeping us in your prayers. I will never forget your kindness.

The news we got today was better than what we heard last night.

At first, the doctors throught Barbara could not undergo surgery to stop the bleeding....... without surgery, she most likely would have died sometime tonight.

But after taking another look, they decided to do surgery. And so far, so good, the last we heard.

The doctors' early thoughts after the surgery: Barbara will have paralysis on her left side, but her brain functions will be intact, best-case scenario. A lot can change, and we have a long way to go....but considering the alternative that I would have lost her tonight.... I will take any positive news I can.

My brother Lenny is coming to Baltimore tomorrow to keep me company for a couple of days, and we've had neighbors and some local friends, including our drum corps friends Erica and April, drop by the hospital. I thank them all and cherish their friendship.

I hope to get another chance in the next few days to come back on here.

Quite honestly, I've never been so scared in my entire life. And I've never cried so much.

Fran

No, Fran, THANK YOU for even making the time to bring us all up to date. I didn't think we would hear from you for quite a while.

I went to sleep last night thinking about both of you and how precious life is. If we could remind ourselves of this each day and give our loved ones an extra hug and a kiss, the world would be a much better place. It's tough to do with all the pressures and time demands of life, but it can be done.

One "cyberhug" from Nashville to Baltimore is on its way. :laugh: We'll look forward to more good news whenever you can send it back our way.

Fran

My sister in law has lived with massive aneurysms since her teen years, has undergone numerous

surgeries , and has now recovered to the point she was recently ordained as a minister. She has paralysis of one side, but functions well

Another friend in his 60's now has the same issues, and is moving forward.

I don't know if this is the case with Barbara but people of strong character and convictions prevail over what we've been dealt, and I pray for the full life you and your wife deserve.

frankiE

Hi all....

I am very sorry to be the bearer of some very bad news, but.......

My wife Barbara was hospitalized several hours ago with what appears to be either a massive stroke, brain hemorrhage, or a burst aneurysm.

She has suffered massive bleeding on her brain. To make a long story short, her prognosis is not good. I will leave it at that until I hear more news from her doctors.

Her doctors advised me to go home for a while and try to get some rest, since she has been stabilized... the hospital is not far from our home. My sister is driving down from New Jersey this morning and we'll head back to the hospital.

For obvious reasons, I will not be able to make it to the Caballeros' DCA show in Clifton this weekend...... nor the Shenandoah Sound show in Virginia on July 21 or the Music City Legend show in Nashville on August 4. My apologies to my friends in all three corps.

The August 18 Scranton show is up in the air right now, as is DCA Championships, again for obvious reasons. I'll cross those two bridges when I come to them.

My friends, I ask for you to keep Barbara in your thoughts and prayers.... she is the love of my life. Our gracious Lord has a plan for all of us.... and I will accept whatever comes my way. I will pray for a miracle here.

Please, I ask that you try not to call me here at home, at least for now. I will do my best to update you on this site when I get an opportunity to do so.

Fran

Fran,

I am so sorry to hear that your wife is sick. She will be in all of our thoughts and prayers, as will you. Hang in there, miracles happen!! God bless.

-Danielle

Edited by brasschick08

Fran........Dot & I saw the post and are truly saddened. Please know that Barb and you will be in our prayers. She's in God's hands and the surgeons'. I hope that we'll hear some good news very soon.

Jim

Hi all....

I am very sorry to be the bearer of some very bad news, but.......

My wife Barbara was hospitalized several hours ago with what appears to be either a massive stroke, brain hemorrhage, or a burst aneurysm.

She has suffered massive bleeding on her brain. To make a long story short, her prognosis is not good. I will leave it at that until I hear more news from her doctors.

Her doctors advised me to go home for a while and try to get some rest, since she has been stabilized... the hospital is not far from our home. My sister is driving down from New Jersey this morning and we'll head back to the hospital.

For obvious reasons, I will not be able to make it to the Caballeros' DCA show in Clifton this weekend...... nor the Shenandoah Sound show in Virginia on July 21 or the Music City Legend show in Nashville on August 4. My apologies to my friends in all three corps.

The August 18 Scranton show is up in the air right now, as is DCA Championships, again for obvious reasons. I'll cross those two bridges when I come to them.

My friends, I ask for you to keep Barbara in your thoughts and prayers.... she is the love of my life. Our gracious Lord has a plan for all of us.... and I will accept whatever comes my way. I will pray for a miracle here.

Please, I ask that you try not to call me here at home, at least for now. I will do my best to update you on this site when I get an opportunity to do so.

Fran

Fran,

On behalf of the members of the Cabs Alumni, especially the drum section, we wish to extend our prayerful best wishes to you and Barbara. May you both find strength in this difficult time. Know that all of us wish Barbara well in her recovery. We hope the news continues to be good as she fights back.

God Bless you both.

Fran,

Bob and I were shocked to hear about Barb. We are keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. May God lift Barb up and let her soar to a swift recovery.

Your friends in the Selden Cadets Alumni will keep you in prayer.

Love,

Irene & Bob Allan